By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE boss complaining about PS3

Hawk said:
sieanr said:
dallas said:
RPGs on the wii? RPGs using the wii remote? I don't know if I can see that rocketpig...

I've never understood tha argument that the wii isnt suited to rpgs because of the controls..

All you do is move a character and cycle through menus, which I believe would require just a d-pad and a few buttons. If anything, the wiimote is superior because you can use the pointer to select items in the menus. Plus, the motion sensing could be put to some cool use.

Also dallas, you just saying that comment, indicates you've never used the Wii remote.  Am I right?

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either.  Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii.  Thats a long sentence huh? lol

Around the Network

I think they're worried. If you look at the previous games in the FF series, they've sold well - on an install base upwards of a 100 million...

Now look at PS3, to even have a chance of matching the sales of FF games on PS2, pretty much everybody who owns a PS3 will have to buy a copy, and that seems unlikely. Still, if criticism actually gets Sony to step it up a gear, I don't see the problem.

mitsuhide said:
FFXIII will stay PS3-exclusive and this is weird because SO4 is PS3-exclusive and he is complaining about the PS3 i think he just wants a pricecut and Sony will listen to S-E they dont want to lose FFXIII because that will be the end of PS3 in JPN.

More than just Japan.  If they lose FFXIII, it'll be the last nail in the coffin.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

RPGs on the Wii would be great. It would maked Active Time Battles go a lot faster with the pointer instead of scrolling through vast menus. The motion controls can be used to activate particular actions instead of pressing a button. Most RPGs have sword wielders, it's time to use the Wiimote to slice through some enemies.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

dallas said:

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either. Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii. Thats a long sentence huh? lol

This makes no sense.

Around the Network
dallas said:

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either. Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii. Thats a long sentence huh? lol

Hmmm.  You still seem to have a bias against the Wii remote, and appear to not have used it.  There is more to the controls than just pointing and motion control.  Everything is not done soley by pointing.  There are buttons, an analog stick, and a D pad.  They all work together wonderfully.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
dallas said:

Hmmm. You still seem to have a bias against the Wii remote, and appear to not have used it. There is more to the controls than just pointing and motion control. Everything is not done soley by pointing. There are buttons, an analog stick, and a D pad. They all work together wonderfully.

Exactly, the Wii has all the significant functions of other controllers PLUS the motion sensing capabilities. 

dallas said:
Hawk said:
sieanr said:
dallas said:
RPGs on the wii? RPGs using the wii remote? I don't know if I can see that rocketpig...

I've never understood tha argument that the wii isnt suited to rpgs because of the controls..

All you do is move a character and cycle through menus, which I believe would require just a d-pad and a few buttons. If anything, the wiimote is superior because you can use the pointer to select items in the menus. Plus, the motion sensing could be put to some cool use.

Also dallas, you just saying that comment, indicates you've never used the Wii remote.  Am I right?

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either.  Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii.  Thats a long sentence huh? lol

Fine motor control? For selecting menu items? A monkey can do that. FF is out but a spinoff would work? Does not compute.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Hawk said:
dallas said:

Hmmm. You still seem to have a bias against the Wii remote, and appear to not have used it. There is more to the controls than just pointing and motion control. Everything is not done soley by pointing. There are buttons, an analog stick, and a D pad. They all work together wonderfully.

How long will the Wii hold up with the gimmick just pointing and moving your arms and swaying back and forth? That gets tiresome after awhile. Thats when a 360 or PS3 comes into place. Why would you spend 40 hours of time on a Wii RPG that has you moving your arms and pointing and clicking. I played the Wii and my cousin owns it and its not that impressive to me. I will buy it as my secondary but not primary.

@ dallas... did u say he was scared of the 'ps3's success' hahahahhahaaaahahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaa.... PS3's SUCESS...hahahahahhaaaa...sure it's been succesfull hahaaaaaaa, funny guy lol ...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man