By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE boss complaining about PS3

dallas said:
FishyJoe said:
dallas said:

I don't think that the wii is suited for RPGs either. Any game that needs fine motor control such as choosing among a myriad of different armor configurations or items or what have you will get boring fast with the wii , so the FF series is automatically out, but perhaps more-spin offs or even an appropriate series would be good for the wii. Thats a long sentence huh? lol

This makes no sense.

The fun of RPGs these days is being able to choose among a couple hundred different weapons, spells, armor, etc etc etc. The thing of it is that the motion control limits this because it would get boring after a long period of the wiimote causing someone to make mistakes and whatnot. Therefore for a RPG in the ideal image, Square Enix would have a hard time making a RPG in the same sense as FF on the wii, which is why I suggested other possibilities FJ.

Makes no sense, again.  There is an analog stick, right under your left thumb.  It gets used quite a lot actually.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I guess Washimul is back.

Who is Washimul..This is Takashii....duh?? My account is messed up until ioi fixes it...my W stands for Wilmington. DUH?

W29 said:
FishyJoe said:
Anybody who thinks that the Wiimote is just about waving your arms around hasn't played many Wii games, especially MP3.

I played the Wii for 3 days straight, I played Wii Sports (lackluster length got tried of it quite quickly especially if your by yourself. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Only has an new aiming device, which I did enjoy by the way than the PS2 regular screen. But I didn't say that the Wii is trash, I just said its not a primary system I see it being a secondary system something I would play if I got tired of the 360. My interest level on the system when I was over my cousin house was low. I played it for 2 hours and than said I feel like playing Madden 08 and Gears of War or Motorstorm. Its weird, Wii is a gimmick.

If you don't like the whole control experience of the Wii remote, hey cool, I seriously won't argue your preference. But dallas saying it won't work for RPG's is very wrong. The controls are all there, and a plethora of people out there like the Wii remote and some even find it the superior control scheme. RPG would work just fine for a large amount of people out there, and maybe even better. His whole menu arguement just does not makes sense.

Hawk said:
W29 said:
FishyJoe said:
Anybody who thinks that the Wiimote is just about waving your arms around hasn't played many Wii games, especially MP3.

I played the Wii for 3 days straight, I played Wii Sports (lackluster length got tried of it quite quickly especially if your by yourself. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Only has an new aiming device, which I did enjoy by the way than the PS2 regular screen. But I didn't say that the Wii is trash, I just said its not a primary system I see it being a secondary system something I would play if I got tired of the 360. My interest level on the system when I was over my cousin house was low. I played it for 2 hours and than said I feel like playing Madden 08 and Gears of War or Motorstorm. Its weird, Wii is a gimmick.

If you don't like the whole control experience of the Wii remote, hey cool, I seriously won't argue your preference. But dallas saying it won't work for RPG's is very wrong. The controls are all there, and a plethora of people out there like the Wii remote and some even dfind it the superior control scheme. RPG would work just fine for a large amount of people out there, and maybe even better. His whole menu arguement just does not makes sense.

You see I don't have a problem with the Wii, I am just saying its not a good primary system at all. Its a secondary. You should have a Xbox 360 or PS3 and then the Wii. The Wii is good to have but I would like to have a true next-gen experience like what the 360 is doing for me. I'm thinking of a purchase for the Wii. Since really the Wii is not in any battle against the 360. I would like to make a combo of the Wii60. But my argument here is like I said above. I don't understand how can people solely just play the Wii and not the 360 or PS3. Shouldn't the gamer have both?

The Wii controls although lackluster are good for a first attempt by Nintendo they just need to be tweaked a little in some areas.ZeldaTP well i should have started a new game on my friends Wii but didnt and had no idea what i was doing it was still fun but trying to fish that was a pain in the ass it wouldnt work at all for either of us.WiiSports and WiiPlay are only good for multiplayer games for lengthy times.RedSteel was alright but the graphics where shocking and it took about 5 multiplayer games for me to get used to the controls because it was too sensitive.I understand that RedSteel was rushed and stuff so i forgive it for that reason.COD3 that is just downright BAD on the Wii too sensitive again and no multiplayer that sucks BIG TIME.I hope Pikmin3,FF:CC and all the others are really really good compared to those games.I think the games will be better has time goes on but i still think some will be too sensitive and others wont work all the time but hopefully Nintendo will fix all that with the Wii2.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
Hawk said:
W29 said:
FishyJoe said:

If you don't like the whole control experience of the Wii remote, hey cool, I seriously won't argue your preference. But dallas saying it won't work for RPG's is very wrong. The controls are all there, and a plethora of people out there like the Wii remote and some even find it the superior control scheme. RPG would work just fine for a large amount of people out there, and maybe even better. His whole menu arguement just does not makes sense.

yep the controls are there, but idk about how they will make the spells. Will the be action based or menu selected because of they are action based, a game like Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls or Dragon Quest or any other heavily spell related games would get kinda retarded with the actions, 

example/
To cast spell "Fire Wall" - shake the nunchunk while doing the following motions with Wiimote: Left swing, right, swing, make a triangle shape, make a circle, swing the WiiMote around your head, catch it, thrust the control upwards. 

Now that would be
1. comical
2. dangerous
3. filled with lawsuits
4. funny as hell to watch some people knock themselves out with the WiiMote.

So basically having a game with 400 action based spell attacks wouldnt work very well as you would have to have screwed up, long, painful actions to use them. So it would have to be limited to menu based only. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Hawk said:
W29 said:
FishyJoe said:

yep the controls are there, but idk about how they will make the spells. Will the be action based or menu selected because of they are action based, a game like Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls or Dragon Quest or any other heavily spell related games would get kinda retarded with the actions,

example/
To cast spell "Fire Wall" - shake the nunchunk while doing the following motions with Wiimote: Left swing, right, swing, make a triangle shape, make a circle, swing the WiiMote around your head, catch it, thrust the control upwards.

Now that would be
1. comical
2. dangerous
3. filled with lawsuits
4. funny as hell to watch some people knock themselves out with the WiiMote.

So basically having a game with 400 action based spell attacks wouldnt work very well as you would have to have screwed up, long, painful actions to use them. So it would have to be limited to menu based only.

LOL...at what I underlined in bold.

W29 said:
Hawk said:
W29 said:
FishyJoe said:

If you don't like the whole control experience of the Wii remote, hey cool, I seriously won't argue your preference. But dallas saying it won't work for RPG's is very wrong. The controls are all there, and a plethora of people out there like the Wii remote and some even dfind it the superior control scheme. RPG would work just fine for a large amount of people out there, and maybe even better. His whole menu arguement just does not makes sense.

You see I don't have a problem with the Wii, I am just saying its not a good primary system at all. Its a secondary. You should have a Xbox 360 or PS3 and then the Wii. The Wii is good to have but I would like to have a true next-gen experience like what the 360 is doing for me. I'm thinking of a purchase for the Wii. Since really the Wii is not in any battle against the 360. I would like to make a combo of the Wii60. But my argument here is like I said above. I don't understand how can people solely just play the Wii and not the 360 or PS3. Shouldn't the gamer have both?

Oh.  Well that I mosly agree with.  I still have a problem with people saying the Wii is not true next gen gaming.  Because graphic does not equal next gen, like most people apparently think.  I am blown away by how interactive a well develpoded game feels on the Wii.  But there is no way I could soley rely on the Wii for my gaming.  I have a 360 to compliment it.  But I could not soley rely on the 360 for my gaming either.  I'd be missing out on so much in the Wii.  But they are both my 'main' console.  My Wii is not 'secondary' to my 360, or vise versa.

But an arguement that an RPG could not work on the Wii because of the Wiimote, just doesn't stand.

mitsuhide said:
The Wii controls although lackluster are good for a first attempt by Nintendo they just need to be tweaked a little in some areas.ZeldaTP well i should have started a new game on my friends Wii but didnt and had no idea what i was doing it was still fun but trying to fish that was a pain in the ass it wouldnt work at all for either of us.WiiSports and WiiPlay are only good for multiplayer games for lengthy times.RedSteel was alright but the graphics where shocking and it took about 5 multiplayer games for me to get used to the controls because it was too sensitive.I understand that RedSteel was rushed and stuff so i forgive it for that reason.COD3 that is just downright BAD on the Wii too sensitive again and no multiplayer that sucks BIG TIME.I hope Pikmin3,FF:CC and all the others are really really good compared to those games.I think the games will be better has time goes on but i still think some will be too sensitive and others wont work all the time but hopefully Nintendo will fix all that with the Wii2.

You just named OLD ass games. Try MP3 and post in the morning.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Hawk said:
W29 said:
Hawk said:
W29 said:
FishyJoe said:

Oh. Well that I mosly agree with. I still have a problem with people saying the Wii is not true next gen gaming. Because graphic does not equal next gen, like most people apparently think. I am blown away by how interactive a well develpoded game feels on the Wii. But there is no way I could soley rely on the Wii for my gaming. I have a 360 to compliment it. But I could not soley rely on the 360 for my gaming either. I'd be missing out on so much in the Wii. But they are both my 'main' console. My Wii is not 'secondary' to my 360, or vise versa.

But an arguement that an RPG could not work on the Wii because of the Wiimote, just doesn't stand.

I agree with you on that note. But its just a little weird leaving a specific interface that I am so well establish with on a conventinal controller and RPG interface than with something new as far as interface and controller and I'm glad to know that you have a 360. I don't understand the next-gen either, but to know that since the 360 and PS3 will be fighting for franchises that will not appear on the Wii such as Ratchet and Clank. I generally talking about carry-over franchises from last-gen. Its hard to say "Oh I like the Wii" and thats it. You need to have a PS3 or 360 in the living room.