By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE boss complaining about PS3

We hear another Japanese developer not saying great things about Sony's strategy about the PS3... One wonders how much longer this will continue before we see either MS or Sony take action (MS trying to snatch up IP or Sony paying to keep it exclusive).

Original link:

My take:

What do you guys think about this? I mean, these types of comments are almost non-stop.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

He is bitching because Sony listened to game companies to market it as a game console w/ multi-media functionality.. frankly makes no sense to bitch when they listened.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
He is bitching because Sony listened to game companies to market it as a game console w/ multi-media functionality.. frankly makes no sense to bitch when they listened.

Why would game companies care about multi-media features? 

He's just bitching for its own sake. He is probably nervous about the success of the PS3, hoping that Home and the improved games and whatnot will actually move the product better rather than have the stagnant sales that we have seen. I think that these improvements will help the PS3 b/c an improvement in the product is just that, but it remains to be seen right?

and btw, I just read the same thing on gamesindustry.biz, and the author of the article thinks that SE is eying a closer relationship with nintendo as opposed to the other two, b/c of SE's new game on the DS

Around the Network
dallas said:
and btw, I just read the same thing on gamesindustry.biz, and the author of the article thinks that SE is eying a closer relationship with nintendo as opposed to the other two, b/c of SE's new game on the DS

While I definitely think that SE is eyeing up Nintendo (who isn't?), there are still MAJOR problems trying to move a game like Last Remnant or FFXIII to the Wii, leaving the only real option to port it to the 360.

I think in the next three years, we'll see more devs move to exclusive Wii projects while almost all massive projects go 360/PS3. This is, of course, barring any kind of huge comeback by the PS3.

well,
the SE guy is right
the main problem is Sony trying to save their PS3 using her special feature (BR/Wifi/online/movie/hd etc)
In fact, they should focus on games since a PS3 should be, before ALL, a gaming console.
but, NOW, PS3 is too expensive and possess not enought exclusive GOOD games (Lair ...).
Sony try to hide it using the special features.

But just look what is coming for the TGS, with all the first party title coming, I'm not worrired about games on the PS3

Time to Work !

I think a lot of developers are beginning to come to the realization the the relative ROI isn't very good on the PS3 at this time.

rocketpig said:
dallas said:

While I definitely think that SE is eyeing up Nintendo (who isn't?), there are still MAJOR problems trying to move a game like Last Remnant or FFXIII to the Wii, leaving the only real option to port it to the 360.

I think in the next three years, we'll see more devs move to exclusive Wii projects while almost all massive projects go 360/PS3. This is, of course, barring any kind of huge comeback by the PS3.

I wasn't as much into gaming the last generation....given the PS2's overwhelming dominance I would expect a lot more exclusives on that platform as opposed to the situation that we have now : a bunch of PS3/360 games and a few exclusives....was this so?

dallas said:
I wasn't as much into gaming the last generation....given the PS2's overwhelming dominance I would expect a lot more exclusives on that platform as opposed to the situation that we have now : a bunch of PS3/360 games and a few exclusives....was this so?

Pretty much. The PS2 had loads of good third party exclusives. Almost every major third party franchise either launched on the PS2 or was quickly ported there after a GC or XB release.

Meanwhile games like FF, TeamICO games, GTA, launched on PS2 exclusively.