By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE boss complaining about PS3

He also might just be trying to get a contract re-negotiation as far as FFXIII goes...in case the PS3 software sales are NOT doing substantially better

Around the Network
dallas said:
He also might just be trying to get a contract re-negotiation as far as FFXIII goes...in case the PS3 software sales are NOT doing substantially better

I also considered that. There's a good chance he's just bitching to try to get Sony to open their wallet for FFXIII. After all, it's pretty well documented that FFXIII development isn't exactly cruising along perfectly.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

RPGs on the wii? RPGs using the wii remote? I don't know if I can see that rocketpig...

dallas said:
RPGs on the wii? RPGs using the wii remote? I don't know if I can see that rocketpig...

I don't see FF XIII going to the Wii at all.  But RPGs in general?  How would they not be able to be on the Wii?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

dallas said:

I don't know how you can't. The system that dominates Japan always ends up with the lion's share of RPGs. The Wii is crushing all other consoles in Japan, so its only a matter of time.

BTW This isn't Wada's first time complaining about the PS3. Wasn't he the one at Square Enix complaing about the price of the PS3 earlier this year?

Around the Network
dallas said:

I've never understood tha argument that the wii isnt suited to rpgs because of the controls..

All you do is move a character and cycle through menus, which I believe would require just a d-pad and a few buttons. If anything, the wiimote is superior because you can use the pointer to select items in the menus. Plus, the motion sensing could be put to some cool use.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

If anything, the Wiimote can make things significantly easier. For example, object selection will be far easier with point and click than using an analog stick.

sieanr said:
dallas said:

I've never understood tha argument that the wii isnt suited to rpgs because of the controls..

All you do is move a character and cycle through menus, which I believe would require just a d-pad and a few buttons. If anything, the wiimote is superior because you can use the pointer to select items in the menus. Plus, the motion sensing could be put to some cool use.

Also dallas, you just saying that comment, indicates you've never used the Wii remote.  Am I right?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

FFXIII will stay PS3-exclusive and this is weird because SO4 is PS3-exclusive and he is complaining about the PS3 i think he just wants a pricecut and Sony will listen to S-E they dont want to lose FFXIII because that will be the end of PS3 in JPN.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I also remember that there isn't an actual exclusivity agreement for FFXIII, the way there is for MGS4 and Bioshock, so a port or multiplatform of that game isn't out of the question.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs