By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many people on message boards threatened by PS3?

slowmo said:
I thought the whole point of this thread was the discussion regarding other users viewpoint on the future of the PS3 not the Japan situation which you have another thread running regarding BTFeather55.

This was an actually a continuation of that thread.  It seemed that the people who were saying that the 360 would continue to get as many jrpgs as it ever did and that there was no way that Final Fantasy XIII or Gran Turismo 5 could ever increase sales of the PS3 in Japan in any way were seeming to have a spiteful tone in their writings that didn't seem to fit the situation.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

BTFeather55

Why u are obsessed with Japanese sales? They don't matter. They're only 10% of ww sales.

X360 loses Japan but wins PS3 worldwide this gen.

Slimebeast said:
BTFeather55

Why u are obsessed with Japanese sales? They don't matter. They're only 10% of ww sales.

X360 loses Japan but wins PS3 worldwide this gen.

Because I feel that with more Japanese support the PS3 can make a comeback and pass up the 360.  Microsoft has shown so far that they can only come up with four exclusives that really have any popularity, and in the West third party support will remain about equal, but with more Japanese developers working on exclusives for the PS3 that would give an advantage to the PS3 like they had in the PS2 days.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

786_ali said:
Nick said:

Maybe you should laugh and cry.  Laugh about the 30k and then cry after you realize that it's been outsold 49m to 21m. 

The PS3 outsold the Wii by 30k after some really big releases... when the Wii hasn't had any really big releases in months. It's not exactly surprising or news.... and it's not likely to be sustainable either.

I was comparing WW sales of PS3 and the 360.

Compare all you want, but the ps3 is dead locked last at this point.

It's 2009 already, in 3 years we'll have all the next-gen consoles available. The ps3 would need to outsell the 360 by 250.000 units/month to catch up by 2012, and then it won't matter anymore. For a "meaningful" victory, outselling it by 2011, the ps3 would need to outdo the 360 by 375.000 units/month.

Remember, every week that goes by with the 360 outselling the ps3 worldwide, the numbers go up. If sony were to drop the price by E3, they'd need to outdo the 360 by over 400k / month to catch up in 2011.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
786_ali said:
Nick said:

Maybe you should laugh and cry.  Laugh about the 30k and then cry after you realize that it's been outsold 49m to 21m. 

The PS3 outsold the Wii by 30k after some really big releases... when the Wii hasn't had any really big releases in months. It's not exactly surprising or news.... and it's not likely to be sustainable either.

It's 2009 already, in 3 years we'll have all the next-gen consoles available. The ps3 would need to outsell the 360 by 250.000 units/month to catch up by 2012, and then it won't matter anymore. For a "meaningful" victory, outselling it by 2011, the ps3 would need to outdo the 360 by 375.000 units/month.

Remember, every week that goes by with the 360 outselling the ps3 worldwide, the numbers go up. If sony were to drop the price by E3, they'd need to outdo the 360 by over 400k / month to catch up in 2011.

Why? This gen doesn't ends till every console is disconected. Any victory is meaningful, no matter if it is in 2012 or 2050.

Around the Network

Fair enough BTFeather I realised it was a continuation but didn't want you getting stuck fighting the same argument on two fronts which can only serve to dilute your attention from the main point you're proposing.

On the subject of Star Ocean by the way, isn't Europe a bigger market for JRPG's than US in which case I'm pretty sure it's not been released in any of those territories yet? Obviously it's a niche game so it's not going to get a sudden boost of millions but it's a little early to write it off just yet too. It's like people declaring WKC a poor seller from just Japan sales.

I apologise if I'm inaccurate on my assessment of JRPG popularity in the US, I'll be honest and say I've not studied the figures to say my opinion represents fact.

BladeOfGod said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
786_ali said:
Nick said:

Why? This gen doesn't ends till every console is disconected. Any victory is meaningful, no matter if it is in 2012 or 2050.

Whatever you want to believe.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

BTFeather55 said:

For all of the discussion of the Wii here, whether or not the PS3 has any chance of coming back on the Wii isn't really what is under contention here.  That discussion just slipped in somehow and more than likely, the PS3 can't.

What was originally under contention is FFXIII, Versus XIII, and GT5 all being exclusives on the PS3 in Japan and how that will affect Japanese development of exclusives for the 360 if those three games boost the PS3 out to 5 to 7 million consoles sold while the 360 in the meantime remains in the 1.01-1.5 (1.25 seems about as well as it can even aspire to) range in Japan during that time.

Especially when we're seeing at the ratio that it has now of 3:1 that games that were formerly 360 exclusives in Japan like Vesperia and Ninja Gaiden II are already being ported over to the PS3 and whether or not the jrpgs the 360 has are really selling well enough in the West to justify further Japanese rpg exclusives appearing on the 360.

Tales of Vesperia was discontinued on the 360 in America due to its poor sales. Star Ocean 4 on 360 hasn't really taken off in the West. And none of the 360's exclusive jrpgs have passed a million in sales worldwide.

So, why would Japanese studios choose to make jrpgs as exclusives or even on 360 especially if the PS3's install base hits 5 million or more in Japan while the 360's isn't even at 1.5 million and western gamers aren't inclined to buy jrpgs on the 360 in significant numbers?

Ok so now that you have realised that PS3 won't do a comeback, you are now changing the topic to something else. This thread failed!

atma998 said:
BTFeather55 said:

For all of the discussion of the Wii here, whether or not the PS3 has any chance of coming back on the Wii isn't really what is under contention here.  That discussion just slipped in somehow and more than likely, the PS3 can't.

What was originally under contention is FFXIII, Versus XIII, and GT5 all being exclusives on the PS3 in Japan and how that will affect Japanese development of exclusives for the 360 if those three games boost the PS3 out to 5 to 7 million consoles sold while the 360 in the meantime remains in the 1.01-1.5 (1.25 seems about as well as it can even aspire to) range in Japan during that time.

Especially when we're seeing at the ratio that it has now of 3:1 that games that were formerly 360 exclusives in Japan like Vesperia and Ninja Gaiden II are already being ported over to the PS3 and whether or not the jrpgs the 360 has are really selling well enough in the West to justify further Japanese rpg exclusives appearing on the 360.

Tales of Vesperia was discontinued on the 360 in America due to its poor sales. Star Ocean 4 on 360 hasn't really taken off in the West. And none of the 360's exclusive jrpgs have passed a million in sales worldwide.

So, why would Japanese studios choose to make jrpgs as exclusives or even on 360 especially if the PS3's install base hits 5 million or more in Japan while the 360's isn't even at 1.5 million and western gamers aren't inclined to buy jrpgs on the 360 in significant numbers?

Ok so now that you have realised that PS3 won't do a comeback, you are now changing the topic to something else. This thread failed!

If you think it's a failed thread, then why bother posting in it?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

simple thing is they dont want ps3 to have the best games, because thats the reason people play games for in the first place THE GAMES AND GAMES ONLY.

so instead they just move to attack ps3 sales thats all you hear nowadays that ps3 is in 3rd

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...