By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many people on message boards threatened by PS3?

Mr.Y said:

I don't feel threatened by it. I might actually get one.

It just seems that PS3 fans are a little delusional sometimes.

I would say that X360 fans are plenty delusional sometimes.  Think about it.

First, it was that the X360 was more powerful than the PS3.

Second, after out this was only working against them, they started pushing that both consoles were equal in power (some STILL hold on to that idea).

Third, now they say we ALL knew the PS3 was more powerful, so let it go.  Or, that the best 1st/2nd party games only look slightly better.

Of course, there was the time when they thought (still think?) a game can't be a lot of fun unless it's on the X360 (like the processors add "fun" to the games).

Then, there is the fact that they seem to think more game sales mean the title is more fun or seriously effects the individual's gameplay experience.

They seem to want the console that's providing the most for the money...to fail for some reason.  And, that's not all.

That seems more delusional to me.

Around the Network
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

Second, after out this was only working against them, they started pushing that both consoles were equal in power (some STILL hold on to that idea).

Third, now they say we ALL knew the PS3 was more powerful, so let it go.  Or, that the best 1st/2nd party games only look slightly better.

Of course, there was the time when they thought (still think?) a game can't be a lot of fun unless it's on the X360 (like the processors add "fun" to the games).

Then, there is the fact that they seem to think more game sales mean the title is more fun or seriously effects the individual's gameplay experience.

They seem to want the console that's providing the most for the money...to fail for some reason.  And, that's not all.

See what I'm talking about. I don't even know how to communicate with people like this.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

I would say that X360 fans are plenty delusional sometimes. Think about it.

Third, now they say we ALL knew the PS3 was more powerful, so let it go. Or, that the best 1st/2nd party games only look slightly better.

They seem to want the console that's providing the most for the money...to fail for some reason. And, that's not all.

Regardless of which system you believe is more powerful you have to admit that the difference in processing power that has been demonstrated so far this generation is so minimal that it is unimportant, and there is no evidence that this is changing in the near future. For the PS3 to come out a year after the XBox 360 at a much higher price this has to be considered a failure ...

Mr.Y said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

See what I'm talking about. I don't even know how to communicate with people like this.

Indeed, the sad part is how much he believes what he writes, to his credit he is at least consistant in his viewpoint.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

Looks like someone has never heard of Blast Processing.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

Third, now they say we ALL knew the PS3 was more powerful, so let it go. Or, that the best 1st/2nd party games only look slightly better.

They seem to want the console that's providing the most for the money...to fail for some reason. And, that's not all.

Regardless of which system you believe is more powerful you have to admit that the difference in processing power that has been demonstrated so far this generation is so minimal that it is unimportant, and there is no evidence that this is changing in the near future. For the PS3 to come out a year after the XBox 360 at a much higher price this has to be considered a failure ...

That would be incorrect.  Almost twice of damn near everything is not minimal.  Would you consider it minimal/unimportant if you had almost twice as much money in your paycheck?

The Cells SPEs might be uber great floating point processors, but I really don't care about all this PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 madness.

You just need to relax. Think of kittens.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

That would be incorrect. Almost twice of damn near everything is not minimal. Would you consider it minimal/unimportant if you had almost twice as much money in your paycheck?

Where's the evidence of this processing power? Almost all multiplatform games run with (essentially) the same polygonal and texture detail with the same texture effects at a very similar resolution and a very similar framerate ... Quite often the advantage goes to the XBox 360 in these games.

If you go back to the previous generation, the advantage the XBox had over the PS2 was obvious being that almost every game that the two consoles shared had superior visuals in practically every way on the XBox ...

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

After a decade of rampant Sony fanboyism a lot of people live under the false impression that fanboys and posts like this with vanish from gaming websites with the total failure of the PS3.

HappySqurriel said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
Mr.Y said:

That would be incorrect. Almost twice of damn near everything is not minimal. Would you consider it minimal/unimportant if you had almost twice as much money in your paycheck?

Where's the evidence of this processing power? Almost all multiplatform games run with (essentially) the same polygonal and texture detail with the same texture effects at a very similar resolution and a very similar framerate ... Quite often the advantage goes to the XBox 360 in these games.

If you go back to the previous generation, the advantage the XBox had over the PS2 was obvious being that almost every game that the two consoles shared had superior visuals in practically every way on the XBox ...

GT5P, Motorstorm 2, Wipeout HD, Killzone 2, MLB 09: The Show.  If you AREN'T knowledge, you will generally bring up multiplatform games as a measure of power (especially with the cost of making a game these days).  In case you didn't know, the general goal of a multiplatform game is parity.

The original Xbox was basically a PC.  No effort or additional knowledge or time was needed for better visuals.  Developers have to fight their lack of true multi-threading knowledge.  TRUE multi-threading is the future of gaming.  1st/2nd party PS3 developers had to get past this to make better PS3 games.