By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Japan base crumbling? Wii sales only 39k last week..

Super Mario Galaxy will boost the sales of the Wii to time indefinite. There is absolutely nothing to worry about here. What does the Playstation 3 have? Metal Gear Solid 4? Gran Turismo 5? Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction? Okay, the Playstation 3 is coming out with a few awesome games, but none of them will sell as much as Super Mario Galaxy. Don't forget about Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii. They will be phenomenal!

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Super Mario Galaxy will boost the sales of the Wii to time indefinite. There is absolutely nothing to worry about here. What does the Playstation 3 have? Metal Gear Solid 4? Gran Turismo 5? Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction? Okay, the Playstation 3 is coming out with a few awesome games, but none of them will sell as much as Super Mario Galaxy. Don't forget about Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii. They will be phenomenal!

Not saying it wont happen, but I remember back in the day hearing all the samethings about Gamecube. "Wait til Mario Sunshine!" "Wait til Smash Brothers!""Wait til Mario Kart!" "Then sales will be through the roof!".

Of course, the Wii is in a much stronger position than Gamecube, but I think if people start to sour on a console, certain games wont really change its course.

sharky said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

Not saying it wont happen, but I remember back in the day hearing all the samethings about Gamecube. "Wait til Mario Sunshine!" "Wait til Smash Brothers!""Wait til Mario Kart!" "Then sales will be through the roof!".

Of course, the Wii is in a much stronger position than Gamecube, but I think if people start to sour on a console, certain games wont really change its course.

You mean like PS3?  Wait for...., wait for....., wait for.....?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

sharky said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

I actually agree with you on that, and I'm pretty sure others would as well.  I'm already so peeved by Sony's arrogance that it would take a massive turnaround in both policy and games available for me to be interested in the console.  Conversely, I'm worried that because there's been only a sprinkling of good and excellent games on the Wii thusfar that many people will lose interest before all of the really awesome seeming content this fall comes out.  I do think that, in terms of the Wii's long term success, this is a make-or-break period of time.  But I'd say that for all consoles, and as long as the Wii is still selling more hardware than the competition, I'd say it's carrying through it's lull in games quite well.

sharky said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

Not saying it wont happen, but I remember back in the day hearing all the samethings about PlayStation3. "Wait til HSG5!" "Wait til  VF5!""Wait til Folksoul!" "Then sales will be through the roof!".

Fixed!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network
azzer100 said:
sharky said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

Not saying it wont happen, but I remember back in the day hearing all the samethings about PlayStation3. "Wait til HSG5!" "Wait til VF5!""Wait til Folksoul!" "Then sales will be through the roof!".

Fixed!

I don't think people ever said sales will increase exponentially, except fanboys, and the sales did increase, did they not?

Of course, Folksoul/Lore would be the exception in that. No love from the Japanese.

@azzer 100

HSG5 didn't increase sales did it, Ps3 just randomly went up from below 10K to 25k, remained in 20K's for 2 weeks & now has come down slightly

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

HSG5 can be purchased for half the original list price now. How great are sales if it's being discounted so much? Retailers must be dying to clear inventory.