By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Japan base crumbling? Wii sales only 39k last week..

RolStoppable said:So why did people get Wiis in the first place if not for the games?

Hype and price. There are plenty other systems out with games that put the Wii to shame.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
RolStoppable said:So why did people get Wiis in the first place if not for the games?

Hype and price. There are plenty other systems out with games that put the Wii to shame.

I bolded the reason people bought PS3's.  There are plenty of other systems out there that put the PS3 to shame.

See how that works? 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

RolStoppable said:

And these systems are?

Playstation 2, Xbox 360, PSP and the Nintendo DS.

I bolded the reason people bought PS3's.  There are plenty of other systems out there that put the PS3 to shame.

What hype? All I remember is a everyone bashing the PS3. The PS3 had far more negetive press around it then hype. And yeah, there are other systems out there that put the PS3 to shame, and they all out sale it every week.

grandmaster192 said:
RolStoppable said:

And these systems are?

Playstation 2, Xbox 360, PSP and the Nintendo DS.

I bolded the reason people bought PS3's. There are plenty of other systems out there that put the PS3 to shame.

What hype? All I remember is a everyone bashing the PS3. The PS3 had far more negetive press around it then hype. And yeah, there are other systems out there that put the PS3 to shame, and they all out sale it every week.

I think before PS3 was released, it had a lot of hype...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

RolStoppable said:People can't play for example Wii Sports or Metroid Prime 3 on any other console nor is there any game on any other console that plays similar to these games. You can have this experience only on Wii.

The Nintendo DS has games that are not on the Wii, plus the DS has a Metroid of it's own. Unlike the Wii, the Nintendo DS has hundred of games to choose from. It also has games in genre's that the Wii is lacking. RPG's, for example, are a rare sight on the Wii right now.

Around the Network

There was plenty of Ps3 hype, and part of the reason it received strong negative backlash was because expectations were really really high and Sony is partly to blame for that.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

RolStoppable said:So basically you agree that the Wii offers a unique gameplay experience not available on any other system.

No, you have made a mistake. Because I respect you and your opinions, I didn't want to come of as if I'm bashing your favorite console. Thus, I ignored the part about the Wii offering a unigue gamming experience. I have some very harsh opinions on the Wii, and it may be best to keep them to myself, especaily on this site.

Furthermore you state that the same is true for the DS. Now the DS has a bigger library because it is out for two years longer, that's quite obvious. RPGs usually appear 1-2 years after a system's launch, these games have longer development cycles. Metroid plays totally different on the DS than on the Wii.

No, the DS offers a better overall gaming experience than the Wii because of it's large library of high quality games, not because of some wacky feature.  

If anything you just proved my point. The Wii is selling because it offers an experience in its games no other system can provide. This is the reason why people think the Wii is worth its money, the same is true for the DS.

The Wii is selling due to price and it's hype. It doesn't have a DS-like library right now. The Nintendo DS, on the other hand, has a great library of games in many genre's that the Wii won't come close to matching in the next year. The same can even be said with other consoles; for instence, the PS2 or Xbox 360.

RolStoppable said:

1.)I assume you chose to pull out the DS card because this way it will be harder for me to disagree with you, at least that may be what you think. But before the DS had this large library it was also attacked for having a wacky feature and being a gimmick.

2.)How should the Wii have a DS-like library right now? The DS has launched 2 years earlier. The Wii is selling due to price and its hype and only that, this doesn't make much sense. It's one of these "the Wii is a fad" comments. On top of that you now praise the DS's library over the PS2 library? What's the reason for this? If you don't want to discuss this any further, let's just drop it.

1.)I used the nintendo DS because it's the only console that I know for sure you would respect. If I would have used the PSP, for example, you would have just discounted it. Also, I don't ever remember the DS being bashed for it's touch screen. The only negetive thing I remembered about the DS was it's lack of games, as it took the DS a year or two to get started. The Nintendo DS and the PSP were both respected systems back in 2005.

2.)The Wii can't have a DS-like library right now, it's impossible. I was just expaining why the DS offers a better gamming experience than the Wii. How doesn't it make sense that the Wii is selling because of it's price and hype? I equate hype to marketing, and nintendo did a great job in marketing the Wii. Also, it's price makes it affordable to a very wide range of people. Nintendo's marketing with the Wii's price are two of the main reasons the Wii is selling so well. This is a fact, not some "Wii is a fad" bull. Furthermore, I never said that the DS has a better library than the PS2, so I don't know where you go that from.

If it is selling on price and hype, why then does it have some pretty damn good selling games beyond just Wii Sports and Wii Play?

Just because the current line up is not appealing to you doesn't mean it's not appealing to others. You're not the only gamer in the world you know.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
You're not the only gamer in the world you know.

The world revolves around me. shut up, you.

/sarcasm