By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SONY : Wii to LOSE MARKETSHARE to $99 PS2 as its "Closer" to PS2 than Ps360

Wii to Lose Market Share to $99 PS2, says Sony

Hardware marketing director John Koller tells us that Sony believes it will steal some share from the Wii with the new $99 price point on PS2. We also chat about PS3's pricing.

Fulle Interview in LINK Below:

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/wii-to-lose-market-share-to-99-ps2-says-sony/?biz=1

"We do look at those as similar consumers. So, yes, we do think the $99 price point could steal some share [from Wii]. From a technological standpoint, the Wii is much closer to the PS2 than it is to the next-gen consoles."

^^^^^^^

Key Part

what do you think

Is SONY correct

COULD this actually happen

In terms of "closeness"....grfx wise yeah....but gameplay wise the PS360 are closer to PS2..right?

What are your thoughts?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Already posted.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=66212

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

You really need to start doing forum searches darth

Rainbird said:
You really need to start doing forum searches darth

yeah, it seems like 1 out of 3 your threads are redundant. something you could quickly see if you actually glanced at other threads, but oh well :)

Maybe this thread is supposed to be a parody of the other one!

Like.... and UN-article or something.

Around the Network

"From a technological standpoint, the Wii is much closer to the PS2 than it is to the next-gen consoles."

Their problem is always thinking from the technological standpoint...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

pfff poor sony, can't take it anymore

NJ5 said:
"From a technological standpoint, the Wii is much closer to the PS2 than it is to the next-gen consoles."

Their problem is always thinking from the technological standpoint...

Well they're most likely right in this case; I can see the Wii being way closer to the PS2 than the next-gen consoles that haven't even been announced yet.

Its just PR moving on

I think you could work on your titles a bit too. It's annoying to see the top threads on here all be by you and most of them with caps in the middle and sometimes with what I think are almost random words being capitalized.

Like that Nintendo Onlive thread.

Just a suggestion.