By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP - week one prediction thread.

PSP lite will hit stores soon. What kind of boost do you expect in all regions (Other, America, Japan) and is there a chance for long-term increase of sale... Figures are pretty steady right now - around 120k a week. (~50k Others, ~50k US, and ~ 20k Japan).

My PSP's launch week:

America - 150k - 175k

Japan - 120k - 150k

Others - 100k - 120k

Also I'd like to mention I'm an optimist.

BTW... I think old model will be still attractive for some buyers because of firmware... (new one goes with 3.6) 

Around the Network

<Bump>

Nobody cares or there was already similar thread?

Wow , just observed this sorry . Well because there is no killer app near it , exceot in the Japanese regions , I would say that it will boost sales but not that high . It will satbilize the weekly sales in the US with ~ 70k , ~ 60k in the EU and ~50 k in Japan . We will have to wait for games like CC , Castlevania , Wipeout , Syphonfilter and GoW to see the real results . Untill than I wont see a huge boost in sales. Oh and I nearly forgot about SWB : RS .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kber81 said:
PSP lite will hit stores soon. What kind of boost do you expect in all regions (Other, America, Japan) and is there a chance for long-term increase of sale... Figures are pretty steady right now - around 120k a week. (~50k Others, ~50k US, and ~ 20k Japan).
My PSP's launch week:
America - 150k - 175k
Japan - 120k - 150k
Others - 100k - 120k
Also I'd like to mention I'm an optimist.
BTW... I think old model will be still attractive for some buyers because of firmware... (new one goes with 3.6)
According to Sony... It's already out... it wasn't a scheduled relaunch like the DS (most likely some stores decided not to take it since they still have a lot of stock of the old PSP.) Given that fact and the other issue that the new model really isn't too different then the last one... Why bother? Both systems do the same thing, have the same battery life... if you want a PSP. Just get either model.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Now that is really uninformed statement . If you would read a bit more on wikipedia you would know that they are far from beeing the same . Hell the DSlite plays games and has two screens just like the DS phat , so why bother ?

Around the Network

I would expect the system to explode across all regions. Most people will love the colours and special editions. I might be forced to pick one up next month, picked up a 5.1 system this month so cash is a little low for a couple weeks.

Sony should advertise the system more as a media device and it will sell more then the DS each week.

Under 200k, your figures sound pretty right on.

aren't we optimists today ?

it will increase sales bij approx 25-30%, but not those insane numbers your listing. You are forgetting psp has no true killer aps (respect my opinion) and the difference will be nothing to slightly according to the average costumer

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

hunter_alien said:
Now that is really uninformed statement . If you would read a bit more on wikipedia you would know that they are far from beeing the same . Hell the DSlite plays games and has two screens just like the DS phat , so why bother ?

Actually my "uninformed" statement isn' uninformed at all.  I read the reviews on the new PSP and I watched video's of it in action on a few sites.  I have also looked at what Sony claimed vs. what it's delivered.  It's a bit slimmer and lighter, has sturdier buttons and a TV out.  This is the upgrade part.  The battery life is still the same, the speakers are still the same, the screen is still the same.  You can't even use the TV out yet as there are no cables available to do that.  So yes, it's a tad nicer if you want TV out or felt that the old version was a bit too heavy but it's not something to stop you from buying an older version.  Heck I've considered buying the older version.  Load times were not drastically improved BTW... only slightly on some games... and on others... the load times could be longer.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Oh , and the 91 grams weight loss , with the modified UMD door , the TV-out function , the lower battery consumption , the exclusion of the IR port , the batter button positioning , and button resposn are nothing right . All the DS light did is made itself slimmer and the screen brighter so get over it , its not like the rebirth of Budha :?