By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Be 2009's Highest Rated Game? [Predictions]

Look it normally goes to a big name, Gta/halo/mario/MGS etc are already released.

With enough reviews GTA CTW will win no doubt. Unless Nintendo pull a ninja move with Zelda/Kid Icarus/ DK or maybe Mario spin off its dead cert. to be GTA.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

KZ2

I'm going to go with GTA: Chinatown Wars also. The game is already running a healthy 94 and doesn't seem to be going down at all. It only has two reviews outside of the 90's.

If it's not that then I believe it's an unnanounced game, because I can't see anything currently announced getting a 95 or higher.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Garnett said:
KZ2

its already been passed by gta ctw :)

Gran Turismo 5 (if its this year), maybe Prototype if it really kicks ass, Alan Wake, GTA Chinatown Wars, or Pikmin 3

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks? I'm not sure on this one...

But I will go with GT5 too.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

If they come out, GT5 and GoWIII.

If not then Uncharted 2, or Heavy Rain

Son1x said:

I think Brawl should also be under notables, 93 :)

I agree on GTA CW. Its possible.

Fixed.

As far as those who are choosing GTACTW: The game is currently sitting at 94. I'm not sure if it has a chance of going any higher than that. IF IT DOES not, then I don't think that it will remain the highest rated game of this year.

This argument purely based on history so it is open flaw - but the highest rated GOTY since 2005 has not fallen under 96 or 95 I think.

dsister44 said:
Garnett said:
KZ2

its already been passed by gta ctw :)

I'm pretty sure he did that to be funny lol.

Ohhhh so many possibilities. In no particular order I think the below 4 have the best shot. (*) Indicates my first pick.

(*) StarCraft 2
Halo ODST
GT5
HL2 Episode 3