By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Be 2009's Highest Rated Game? [Predictions]

Onyxmeth said:
BxN said:

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't interpret your first post correctly then.

As for Street Fighter 4, you might be right, but then again, the same thing could very well happen with GTA as well considering the limited amount of reviews it received (most 90+ games usually end up with at least 70-80 reviews while both GTA and SF4 only have 50-60). Also, the amount of new Street Fighter reviews hasn't really really been overwhelming over the past two weeks. But as of now, they are tied and there's a good chance that it will stay that way.

It could happen to both, one or neither of them. I just believe it's going to happen to Street Fighter IV. It's nothing factually based, just a feeling I have.

Doubt it. The game's been locked at 94 for as long as I can remember and the 360 version was always behind.

Around the Network

whatever Call of Duty comes out.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Star Craft II or maybe Diablo III (really Digged the wizard trailer o.0)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

haxxiy said:
"GTA Chinatown Wars - Nintendo Wii"
WTF?

lmfao fixed I just came back to this thread for the first time I can't believe I made that mistake.

On a funny note I have yet to beat CTW and have only tried SFIV once - the two games currently tied for highest rated in 2009.

Uncharted 2

Now playing: Gta4(ps3)I live in hope that one day cross game voice chat will come to the ps3
Around the Network

Modern Warfare 2

( I hope it will be uncharted 2 tho )

It seems most people are expecting Modern Warfare 2 to be the highest rated game this year. It's definitely going to be hard to dethrone CCW as it stands right now.

OP has been updated to acknowledge that Uncharted 2 is now the highest rated game of the year. I waited till it had 50 reviews in just to make sure ;)

TBH with you guys I CANNOT see this changing at this point. I mean, when I made this thread, most posters thought no game could top GTA for the rest of the year but it has somehow happened. Good year for gamers I must say.

Kudos to BHR-3 and Vetteman94, you guys had the game as one of the games in your prediction.

Big UPZ to dddddddddd123, cause you guessed it dead on.

Keep in mind every prediction made in this thread was made before a single review came in.

just WOW

who the HELL would have thought it would be UNCHARTED 2!!!!!!! damn

Naughty Dog blew past expectations

MW2 has a chance though

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
just WOW

who the HELL would have thought it would be UNCHARTED 2!!!!!!! damn

Naughty Dog blew past expectations

MW2 has a chance though

Possible. But I HIGHLY doubt it. When this thread was made, most people did not expect any game this year to be able to do better than the 94 CTW got. 97 is that much harder to beat. The only game to do it this generation was GTAIV. SMG was the highest rated game the year before and it also got a 97.

In other words you are pretty much looking at the most critically acclaimed game of the year. But if a game has a chance of changing that, it's Modern Warfare 2.