By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who else doesn't give a hoot about VG Chartz game ratings?

One of my scores is called into question I feel loved woot!

On a less sarcastic note, did ya play GoW CoO? Do you realize it's 5 hours long to beat the game with all equipment, magic, health, etc at max? (my first time though and also my first time completing a GoW game so I explored a good bit) If I had charged right through I could have probably been done in 3 hours, the game is incredibly easy for an action game as well. There were a number of reasons but I tried to list them on the review, but it is a solid game a good game in fact which is why it's in the 7s and not something like a 5...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I think the review system is a great idea but needs more times to develop. Too many scores are withing the same range and some don't make sense. Although I believe this will get better over time!

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Honestly this website is still better than GameInformer. They have really pissed me off with piss poor review scores for great games. The bigger the hype the better the score on GameInformer anyway. :P

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

NanakiXI said:
Honestly this website is still better than GameInformer. They have really pissed me off with piss poor review scores for great games. The bigger the hype the better the score on GameInformer anyway. :P

Didn't they give Halo Wars a higher rating then Killzone 2?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Whilst I appreciate the efforts of all those involved in the review process, I must question their intent. If their mission is to increase the active session time of the average visitor by means of bitching and complaining arbitrary numbers, then bravo, mission accomplished.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
NanakiXI said:

Didn't they give Halo Wars a higher rating then Killzone 2?

Don't know. I stopped reading them about a year ago. I think I saw on GameRankings they gave KZ2 a 8.75 which I thought they would a least give it a 9. It was really all the piss poor review score given to RPGs as of the last 3 years that made me hate them.

I don't have an issue with the reviews, I have an issue with the scores. I find the 3 tier system of value, presentation etc to be unhelpful. So many things get thrown together within these different categories it makes it difficult to seperate the relevant information from the information from the information which is irrelevent to me.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I don't have an issue with the reviews, I have an issue with the scores. I find the 3 tier system of value, presentation etc to be unhelpful. So many things get thrown together within these different categories it makes it difficult to seperate the relevant information from the information from the information which is irrelevent to me.

If you were to set down an ideal scoring system, how would you do so? Keep in mind this is hypothetical, so feel free to go nuts.

I like vg chartz because they arnt sucked and blinded by the hype like most people.

Khuutra said:
Squilliam said:

If you were to set down an ideal scoring system, how would you do so? Keep in mind this is hypothetical, so feel free to go nuts.

Not in any order or greater value. I know some can be grouped together but just some ideas.

Graphics (Keep in mind art direction and system capabilities)

Sound (Does it sound buggy and does it have a good OST)

Controls (Do controls work well with game or restrict it same as presentation also)

Replay Value (Same as value I suppose)

Online/Multiplayer (If game has the option)

Maybe a shorter second or third Opinion (Could be done by a member/Non-Total Fanboy)