By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who else doesn't give a hoot about VG Chartz game ratings?

Euphoria14 said:

When a game like ToV gets an 8.8 and a game like Halo 3 gets an 8.8 why do people whine about it?

I always thought ToV got an 8.8 when compared to games within it's own genre, not when compared to shooters and action/adventure or Halo 3.

Halo 3 got an 8.8 when compared to other shooters within it's own genre on it's own platform as well. Yes Halo 3 may be played even today, but reviews are not based on popularity. I for one would easily rate Bioshock above Halo 3 any day of the week.

Complaining about Uncharted vs. Civilization and then whining about it?

Once again, reviews are not scores in general among all genres, reviews are to be scores given to a game when compared to other games within it's genre.

At least this is how I thought it worked.

The scores here are fine, people need to stop whining about this all the time, it is annoying.

If ToV is better than every other JRPG on the 360(in my opinion), we should still bump it down because it scores higher than a shooter that wasn't the best shooter in it's genre? How in the hell is that fair?

you are correct sir, you can't really compare scores cross platform, or cross genre for that matter