By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii owners, it's time to acknowledge third party failures

@1337 Gamer

Could you tell me why games like Psychonauts, Okami, killer7, Beyond Good & Evil, etc., didn't sell over a million units on the PS2?

Around the Network

I seriously doubt that demographics are such on the PS360 that MadWorld would have soled better on those systems. I mean look at God Hand on the PS2.

What it is that they're too silly.

1337 God hand bombed hard, it's not an opinion it's history. In other words your opinion ignores history an shuns cannon fact. XD Hoping I'm not coming across harsh.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

This is why Rol is unstoppable!

For those who do not understand, people have to defend every time a Wii game does not sell -- but the same is not said for PS3 and Xbox 360 releases.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I see that but how is this relevant to the wii?

Oh wait i think i see what your aiming at. Well i and probably most people have never heard of God Hand. I HIGHLY doubt it was advertised well if it only managed 70000 units. Where as Madworld was a huge advertisement.

I think that might have had something to do with it. But then again i have no idea as ive never heard/seen about that game before you brought it up.

Oh and your fine by the way. I have no problem with a discussion

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
HIGHLY doubt it was advertised well if it only managed 70000 units. Where as Madworld was a huge advertisement.

Huge advertisement? Where?

Just make this test... when you go to have drink with some friends, ask them if they know Madworld... then ask them if they know GTA.

The M rating is not important. Is brand recognison! GodHand is one of the best games last gen and it didn't sell... the same reason Madworld and NMH (and Deadly Ceatures) didn't sell. And it's not the same reason of Ninja Gaiden, Pure, etc, bombed.

Rhonin the wizard said:

@1337 Gamer

Could you tell me why games like Psychonauts, Okami, killer7, Beyond Good & Evil, etc., didn't sell over a million units on the PS2?

perhaps advertising was nonexistant on these games but also the fact that they only had limited appeal. The same can be said about Madworld but i think Madworld was released on the wrong console to the wrong demographic. 1M sales is the cutoff IMO of a sucessful game thats all ive been saying and everyone seems to think im preaching blasphemy. 1M sales honestly is not great especially as the platform continues to grow over 50M consoles total.

In the end i have my opinions and you have yours if you dont like it please discuss it in a friendly sort of way i kinda feel a little anger behind some of these posts

Long Live SHIO!

Dazkarieh said:
1337 Gamer said:
HIGHLY doubt it was advertised well if it only managed 70000 units. Where as Madworld was a huge advertisement.

Huge advertisement? Where?

Just make this test... when you go to have drink with some friends, ask them if they know Madworld... then ask them if they know GTA.

The M rating is not important. Is brand recognison! GodHand is one of the best games last gen and it didn't sell... the same reason Madworld and NMH (and Deadly Ceatures) didn't sell. And it's not the same reason of Ninja Gaiden, Pure, etc, bombed.

R u kidding me? Madworld was advertised EVERYWHERE! it was on ESPN for crying out loud. Most of my NON gamer friends asked me if i had ever played it. They know what it is because it had alot of advertising. And i nowhere said that the M rating was important. I just said the PS360 audience is more likely to adopt a bloody vulgar killing game than the wii audience.

Dont make me out to be the bad guy please im just stating an opinon

Long Live SHIO!

1337, a good game is a good game right, btw I left my matches at home so can't do anything about your strawmen.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
1337, a good game is a good game right, btw I left my matches at home so can't do anything about your strawmen.

lol i dont get it?

Long Live SHIO!