By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - Matsuno and Monolithsoft working on RPG for Wii to take down FF?

nintendo_fanboy said:
Desroko said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Desroko said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Everyone wants to destroy Final Fantasy, yet their RPGs are always pathetic on every level.

Are you not satisfied enough with just making a good game, you greedy bastards?

1. 3 of the last 5 Final Fantasy games have been completely awful, and 1 was utterly average.

2. Whose RPGs are pathetic on every level?

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

But I'm busy updating games (going to reach 30 today) so don't bother me anymore.

Well, that's a stupid answer. Mistwalker has nothing to do with the article. Do you bring such a keen grasp of fact to the games you update? If so, someone had better be following you around with a broom.

He asked for an example of a company that tried to destroy Final Fantasy and failed. Oh, and if you want to see my work, the last 4 pages of updated games have been almost entirely my updates.

No, he didn't. Perhaps you should be working on reading comprehension as well as fact-checking.

What's that crap about? Can't you just discuss this game instead of arguing in such a stupid manner? He was asked whose RPG's are pathetic and he said that Mistwalker's are. He did neither confuse Mistwalker with Monolith nor did he say that Mistwalker tried to compete with Square, he just answered the question!

Actually, I'm quite sure that he did confuse the two, as his was the first response, and the question was asked about that response. I just wanted to see if he was honest enough to admit a mistake. 

Around the Network

@soriku

What did ssj12 do?

mM

the story makes too much sense to... be real.

can't find anything that's grossly unbelieveable though... but iwata buying monolith just so they have a team to develop ONE game? you must be really close to nintendo management to know that level of detail. yes, maybe it's just one factor among many... but nintendo can't even allocate one team of developers?

whatever the case is, looks like he is developing a JRPG for the Wii, that much seems real. the rest is just speculation.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Soriku said:
@sjj

WTH is your problem? What did we do? Go to the Sony forums and leave us alone. Ans no RPGs? I'd bring ouy a big list but I'm too lazy...bigger list than PS3 RPGs. Take your trolling away and don't be pissed we're getting a new RPG.

This is stupid fanboyism Soriku.

He did only say he liked the FF games, and he even mentioned that Monolith made great games. He was contributing to the discussion in a very agreable manner. Stop attacking him only because he is known to be a Sony loyalist!

And the same goes for Leo-J, he also is able to contribute to a discussion and you should not attack him all the time.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

This is excellent news because an experienced RPG designer has been given an experienced RPG team so if all goes well a high quality RPG should be developed for the Wii ... The likelyhood that it will sell better (or be better) than Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy is pretty small but on a system as popular as the Wii a quality RPG could do some damage.

Around the Network

Just to add fuel to the fire, in an interview with IGN a long time ago Monolith confirmed they're also working on an RPG for the Wii (along with Disaster: DoC).

Linky - http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731580p1.html

The wii doesnt have the hardcore rpg's that the ps3 is getting next year, but its getting their.

mM
Lingyis said:
the story makes too much sense to... be real.

can't find anything that's grossly unbelieveable though... but iwata buying monolith just so they have a team to develop ONE game? you must be really close to nintendo management to know that level of detail. yes, maybe it's just one factor among many... but nintendo can't even allocate one team of developers?

whatever the case is, looks like he is developing a JRPG for the Wii, that much seems real. the rest is just speculation.

Yeah, there really seems to be too much inside knowledge in this quote. And my problem is that the only source we have is a thread on NeoGAF...

But if Matsuno really is working for Nintendo now, this is enough for me to be great news.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Everyone wants to destroy Final Fantasy, yet their RPGs are always pathetic on every level.

Are you not satisfied enough with just making a good game, you greedy bastards?

1. 3 of the last 5 Final Fantasy games have been completely awful, and 1 was utterly average.

2. Whose RPGs are pathetic on every level?

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

But I'm busy updating games (going to reach 30 today) so don't bother me anymore.

qft

1. I'm guessing you have never played Final Fantasy XI because its a great MMO, last 5? 12, 11, 10-2, 10, 9. Only 1 out of those 5 was average and that was X-2. 12 had a great battle system and took the series in a different direction, 11 was an mmorpg with a very loyal fanbase, X had a great story line, 9 was awesome. WTF is your problem choirsoftheeye? dont like the RPG genre or MMORPGs?

2. Soriku, MONOLITH Soft made the Xenosaga games, those are awesome. So Mistwalker deserves the spot of the worst.

@Desroko - choirs asked the question he answered it. Stop being a fanboy just because your console has no good RPG franchise at the moment, same to you soriku.

1. if your going to QFT Montana's post, then you shouldn't be saying "WTF is your problem" because you think FF titles are awesome. Don't bash his opinion and then bring out your own to the argument.

2. meh...  i don't know "Mistwalker" besides ASH.

3. I don't understand why you'd call Desroko a fanboy, what the hell are talking about? I think this just ruins the intelligence/sense of your post.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

It's pretty damn hard to make a final fantasy killer, not because final fantasy is the best game ever these days, but because we are looking at a game thats roots are in the NES, and it's a hype machine.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X