By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - Matsuno and Monolithsoft working on RPG for Wii to take down FF?

Well anyways, I'm always excited for new IP's. It always puts me in a good mood. So as the fanboys say: "GO NINTENDO!!!!!"

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Around the Network

*starts drooling at the mouth*

man i really hope this is tru and nintendo are putting more effort into the rpg department with a new IP!

and by the way i agree with famousringo, it really shouldn't be about making an FF or DQ killer, should be about making a top quality game

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

rickthestick2 said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Everyone wants to destroy Final Fantasy, yet their RPGs are always pathetic on every level.

Are you not satisfied enough with just making a good game, you greedy bastards?

1. 3 of the last 5 Final Fantasy games have been completely awful, and 1 was utterly average.

2. Whose RPGs are pathetic on every level?

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

But I'm busy updating games (going to reach 30 today) so don't bother me anymore.

qft

1. I'm guessing you have never played Final Fantasy XI because its a great MMO, last 5? 12, 11, 10-2, 10, 9. Only 1 out of those 5 was average and that was X-2. 12 had a great battle system and took the series in a different direction, 11 was an mmorpg with a very loyal fanbase, X had a great story line, 9 was awesome. WTF is your problem choirsoftheeye? dont like the RPG genre or MMORPGs?

2. Soriku, MONOLITH Soft made the Xenosaga games, those are awesome. So Mistwalker deserves the spot of the worst.

@Desroko - choirs asked the question he answered it. Stop being a fanboy just because your console has no good RPG franchise at the moment, same to you soriku.

1. if your going to QFT Montana's post, then you shouldn't be saying "WTF is your problem" because you think FF titles are awesome. Don't bash his opinion and then bring out your own to the argument.

2. meh... i don't know "Mistwalker" besides ASH.

3. I don't understand why you'd call Desroko a fanboy, what the hell are talking about? I think this just ruins the intelligence/sense of your post.

I qtfed what montana said but disagreed with choirs.

I called desroko a fanboy because he normally acts the part pretty well. Sony comes out with a new IP for their consoles he will like "teh newz ips are going to flop!!!1!!!1!" ok not like that but he is normally downing everything thats not on his perfered console. 

-@ Soriku - My favorite RPGs of all time are Golden Sun, Golden Sun: Lost Ages, and Super Mario RPG so cut the shit of me being a a fanboy when I have yet to see a single RPG better then Golden Sun. Final Fantasy is the only franchise thats come close when it comes to both story and gameplay. Even if it is a different style of gameplay its a matter of how well it works for the game. Turn based worked great for Golden Sun, free combat works for FFXII.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
rickthestick2 said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Everyone wants to destroy Final Fantasy, yet their RPGs are always pathetic on every level.

1. 3 of the last 5 Final Fantasy games have been completely awful, and 1 was utterly average.

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

But I'm busy updating games (going to reach 30 today) so don't bother me anymore.

qft

1. I'm guessing you have never played Final Fantasy XI because its a great MMO, last 5? 12, 11, 10-2, 10, 9. Only 1 out of those 5 was average and that was X-2. 12 had a great battle system and took the series in a different direction, 11 was an mmorpg with a very loyal fanbase, X had a great story line, 9 was awesome. WTF is your problem choirsoftheeye? dont like the RPG genre or MMORPGs?

2. Soriku, MONOLITH Soft made the Xenosaga games, those are awesome. So Mistwalker deserves the spot of the worst.

@Desroko - choirs asked the question he answered it. Stop being a fanboy just because your console has no good RPG franchise at the moment, same to you soriku.

1. if your going to QFT Montana's post, then you shouldn't be saying "WTF is your problem" because you think FF titles are awesome. Don't bash his opinion and then bring out your own to the argument.

3. I don't understand why you'd call Desroko a fanboy, what the hell are talking about? I think this just ruins the intelligence/sense of your post.

I called desroko a fanboy because he normally acts the part pretty well. Sony comes out with a new IP for their consoles he will like "teh newz ips are going to flop!!!1!!!1!" ok not like that but he is normally downing everything thats not on his perfered console.

When have I ever said anything like that?

LOL

heard the We will surpass FF for 10 years now, never happens.

Around the Network
Desroko said:
ssj12 said:
rickthestick2 said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

qft

you get into battles with quite a bit, mostly leo or hus, but i dont count those as i have argued with them because they are tards. But you argue with anyone who disagrees with you, look above. Montana was answering choirs question, the question didnt have a single thing to do with the thread. It was just "Whose RPGs are pathetic on every level?" thats a general question asking whose RPGs generally suck. Montana answered with his opinion. You argued that he had no place for answering a question that was a general question that has to do with all RPG makers including Square and MONOLITH. Thats technically called flaming, even if its minor you were still flaming his opinion. Go back through your own post history and you will notice that you have flamed quite a few people over their opinion and their general console/game choice.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

:)

This thread is so nice.

I'm just posting after every 5 or so games I update. Don't mind me.

ssj12 said:
Desroko said:
ssj12 said:
rickthestick2 said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

qft

you get into battles with quite a bit, mostly leo or hus, but i dont count those as i have argued with them because they are tards. But you argue with anyone who disagrees with you, look above. Montana was answering choirs question, the question didnt have a single thing to do with the thread. It was just "Whose RPGs are pathetic on every level?" thats a general question asking whose RPGs generally suck. Montana answered with his opinion. You argued that he had no place for answering a question that was a general question that has to do with all RPG makers including Square and MONOLITH. Thats technically called flaming, even if its minor you were still flaming his opinion. Go back through your own post history and you will notice that you have flamed quite a few people over their opinion and their general console/game choice.

Shorter response: I searched through Desroko's history, but couldn't find any examples of what I was alleging. So now I'm just going to ignore the question.

Maybe this'll stop certain individuals from claiming N is deserting traditional gamers.....for a week or two anyway.

I hope with the help of Nintendo Monolith can become the Retro of their chosen genre/s. With the endless streams of cash entering N surely they won't be the last company to become 2nd party this gen?

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

MontanaHatchet said:
Desroko said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

Well, that's a stupid answer. Mistwalker has nothing to do with the article. Do you bring such a keen grasp of fact to the games you update? If so, someone had better be following you around with a broom.

He asked for an example of a company that tried to destroy Final Fantasy and failed. Oh, and if you want to see my work, the last 4 pages of updated games have been almost entirely my updates.

Destroy? how can they even try when only blue dragon is out and lost odyssey is the "xbox final fantasy"

seriously get your facts right before you start posting assanine shit

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.