By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - Matsuno and Monolithsoft working on RPG for Wii to take down FF?

God, this is not all good news. Imagine that the game, comes out, is indeed very good, is marketed well, and kills FF and DQ. There will be none left in Japan to compete with Nintendo. Look at things now, and imagine Square-Enix defeated; total nintendomination. Monopoly is not a good thing...

Around the Network

Why is everyone dissing mistwalker? For #%#$ sakes people you cannot judge them yet Lo is not even out yet, let alone the studio is made up of yes 10 PEOPLE thats it, all mistwalker did for both BD and LO was make the music and watch over it. Seriously BD was made by ARTOON (makers of vampire rain anyone?) so shut up seriously.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Soriku said:
Hopefully, Nintendo learn to GTFO they're project instead of making it easy. Make at least ONE hard franchise please!

Not sure if you could call Strikers Charged a franchise but that game is plenty hard! F-ZeroGX was also a teeth gritter. TP was annoyingly easy though.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Wah wah wah Mistwalker does not suck.

Sorry, I just had to update a Spongebob game and I'm cranky.

Soriku said:
^ And ASH.

That and cry on, we really cannot judge them yet. And BD is not really a failure, 37/40 in japan is a very high score, and it did push the 360 so it did what it accomplished

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
Soriku said:
@Bigger

Those are like their sports games, the ones where you fight in (Mario, Zelda, etc.) ARE TOO EASY.

Maybe MPC's Hyper mode will fit the bill? I say maybe because I live in Europe and we are deemed not to be worthy of the game yet so I'm just going by what I've read. I think Europe must have slept with Nintendo's mumma at some point!

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

I have a question it may be off topic, but why have the numbers on the site stayed the same? No updates what so ever, whats going on?

mM

This makes perfect sense to me - all the puzzle pieces lock together.

Vision Red anyone? 

Its great news (for Wii fans) - Ninty must have known from day#1 that they will need an awesome JRPG if they have any chance of dominating this generation.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Nintendo should stick to new IP's for more "core gamer" approaches, but if you're suggesting they increase the difficulty style of the mario/zelda/metroid games, I'm full against it.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

This could be a big story.

I always wondered why Nintendo never had a big RPG series. This is such an important genre in Japan, they can´t skip it. They have Jump n runs, Adventures, even a shooter now, RPG would be the next logical step.