By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA:CW - 80k in first week NA.

This game will sell, and sell, and sell........

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

DS casual confirmed.

UserbaseX2 and isnt selling better (specially compared with GTA: liberty city stories.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Outside of Japan what is the demographic PSP owners? I would hazard a guess that 95% of them own a PS2 and bought a PSP to play Pro Evo and other PS2 games on the move. A big chunk of them would have owned at least one GTA on PS1 or PS2.

DS demographic on the other hand is made up of a very wide group of people. The vast majority of them would never have owned a console or handheld that has ever had a GTA. Of course GTA on PSP would sell more than GTA on DS. Of that extra 50 million DS owners over PSP owners how many are adults and girls that have no interest in GTA but bought DS for Brain Training, Nintendogs, 42 All Time Classics?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Onour11 said:
Just make a port to PSP

great idea... I'm sure PSP owners love 2D GTA with no stylus control

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Sheershaw said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=24661

Roughly 30k higher than NA opening for Vice City Stories. Ended up with about 140k total opening week.

Here's what I don't fully understand: DS and GTA are both bigger in Europe, so why didn't it sell better there?

Because GTA is bigger in America

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
thekitchensink said:
bububububut what about it launching to half the sales of VCS? *cries and cuts self

bububububut what about it launching at 3 times the userbase of the PSP at the time *cries and cuts self

____

see I can do that to

In case it was hard to notice, I don't really care either way   Was just loling at all the fanboys who thought it did half of VCS' first-week sales.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really