By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50% market share thread

Impulsivity said:
As far as the Wii hitting 50%, I think there's a decent chance it won't happen at all. If it does happen it won't be sustained.

The reason is, quite simply, the Wii is just not accelerating in sales any more. In Japan it seems to have come pretty close to a plateau. It is being outsold by the PS3 semi regularly now. If you combine PS3 and 360 sales Japan almost evens out the Wii's advantage from North America.

In Europe the Wii is indeed number one but not by much. The Wii is actually losing ground if you combine 360 and PS3 sales.

Also the PS2 didn't just have the most hardware sales but by far the most software sales as well. In this case the Wii may have a lot of hardware sales but the 3rd party Software sales are just not there. There are not real 3rd party hits on the Wii especially not the 10 million sale mega hits the PS2 has tons of. The HD consoles combine for WAY more software sales then the Wii still, especially 3rd party software.

When the PS3 drops the price I think 30% is very realisitic. I would bet the gen ends something like 30% PS3, 45% Wii 25% 360. That's about 2 years from now with a big PS3 price drop happening this year as a built in assumption.

I think your prediction fails right in this last line. Assume = You make an ass out of you and me

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/oct2006/id20061030_448590.htm?campaign_id=bier_innn.g3a.rssd1101a Read this article and you will be ROFLMAO. I guarantee it. lol.  Pre-launch PS3, flash back to  October  30 2006. Nostaltgia. High expectations. "PS3 should win console generation wars".

Oh boy were they so wrong.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Squilliam said:
The Wii is a fake console. If I don't acknowledge its existance it won't have power over me.

Well, it's still crisis for Sony !!!11one

They're still just at 41.9% marketshare. A large drop from 75% (or 87 if you don't count tha wood-box)

It isn't all bad though...

Nintendo 3rd gen = 82.2%

Nintendo 4th gen = 51.5%

Nintendo 5th gen = 23%

Nintendo 6th gen = 12%

It's not really that shocking that a company can drop from being dominant to relatively... insignifficant... in short time.

Where do you took those numbers???

trunkswd said:
It is hard to say even if the Wii will end this generation with 50% or higher. However being the top selling console it will more than likely still keep selling like the PS2. The PS3 and Xbox 360 combined have been selling more than the Wii lately. I would predict by the end of the generation the Wii-50% Xbox 360-28% PS3-22%

No it hasnt (exept this week).

boy, this thread looks just like your pic...yeah, the "G" word.

Magnific0 said:
boy, this thread looks just like your pic...yeah, the "G" word.

you're the man. hahahah

Around the Network
atma998 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Squilliam said:
The Wii is a fake console. If I don't acknowledge its existance it won't have power over me.

Well, it's still crisis for Sony !!!11one

They're still just at 41.9% marketshare. A large drop from 75% (or 87 if you don't count tha wood-box)

It isn't all bad though...

Nintendo 3rd gen = 82.2%

Nintendo 4th gen = 51.5%

Nintendo 5th gen = 23%

Nintendo 6th gen = 12%

It's not really that shocking that a company can drop from being dominant to relatively... insignifficant... in short time.

Where do you took those numbers???

4th, 5th and 6th are VGChartz HW shipments

3rd is Wikipedia

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i think wii will hit between 55-60%. 360 22.5-25% and PS3 17.5-20%

Long Live SHIO!

Want a prediction? (Some people have given one)

Wii: 140-160M = ~ 57%

X360: 55-65M = ~ 23%

Ps3: 45-60M = ~ 20%

Add in handhelds

DS: 160-190M

I don't count the PsP as a console.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Add in handhelds

thats cuz it's not. its a handheld.

mtlca66 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Add in handhelds

thats cuz it's not. its a handheld.

Well done! 10 points to you, good sir.

That's 0.05 points pr post! Neat