By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz plays the Legend of Dragoon

It makes sudden encounters less annoying because they're not-so-sudden, but other than that it doesn't do much.

Around the Network

Okay, i just started it and so far i really like the battle system. I wish there were more console games nowadays with turn based game play like this.

I had a hard time with the reflex button presses at first, but now I'm pulling off additions most of my attempts.

Think I'll play bit pretty soon.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

I got the hang of the additions system pretty quick. Then I stopped playing for a day, and when I went back tonight, my first fight ended up being the boss of the cave. =x

I was messing up the additions at first, and had to get back into a groove. I ended up beating him by using all my attack items, but I went into the battle with only one healing potion. :O

That kind've screwed me over. Lavitz went down pretty quick, and he missed out on ~200xp as a result. Dart and Shana are now a whole level above him. =/

Damn, I'd love to be playing this game again right now, it's been a long time and I've only beaten it once. But I'm swamped with papers for University these next 2 weeks and what time I do devote to gaming is spread thinly between KH Re:CoM, RE5 and KZ2. Maybe I can fit it in sometime in April in the 3.5 weeks between Semesters.

enjoy the ride

Around the Network

Can't wait for Spring Break so I can catch up with you guys.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@Makingmusic

Health recovery was slightly annoying at first. I almost did myself in when I didn't buy potions from the merchant before the first boss fight. I don't know if this is going to change, but for all those just starting? Carry around like 10+ health potions at all times! If you see a merchant, go buy potions!

Defending is your friend. It heals HP plus reduces damage for the next turn.

^ It *heals* HP? Jeeze, I should pay more attention. Good to know. :P

Wasn't there a special attack move (Rose's, I think) where she splits her vagina to open the gates of hell (or something like it)?

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.