By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz plays the Legend of Dragoon

I played the game for awhile. I like the storyline and the gameplay is like final fantasy. Overall its a great game.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I played the game about year ago, so I will pass. But, of course, I will debate about it, I still remember most of things.

So far so good. I've only clocked in about two hours now, so I haven't even scratched the surface.

For about an hour and 45 minutes of that time, I was fairly agitated by the sparse save points until I realized you can save on the world map. :|

Oh and the voice acting is atrocious. Thankfully, you don't hear it very often. (Not yet at least)

I'm at the part where you chop down the tree to get across the river after saving Shana

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Wookaroo said:

So far so good. I've only clocked in about two hours now, so I haven't even scratched the surface.

For about an hour and 45 minutes of that time, I was fairly agitated by the sparse save points until I realized you can save on the world map. :|

Oh and the voice acting is atrocious. Thankfully, you don't hear it very often. (Not yet at least)

I'm at the part where you chop down the tree to get across the river after saving Shana

Haha oh man, I'm almost at the same part, a little further.
I just cut the tree down and came to the world map again

So far game seems to be fun. I like the battle system, only thing I don't like that much is the soundtrack, battle theme to be precise. Its ok, but nothing special.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Wookaroo said:

Didn't know that. =|

And that doesn't make much sense, seeing as you can still enter random battles on the world map.  Something that is pretty stupid, imo.  xD

Around the Network

So I played a little more today again and I just got out of the cave with that worm boss and came to some city that starts with B (how could I forget that -.-)

I do have one question though, whats the triangle on your head when you're running. Turns from blue to yellow and to red at the end. Some kind of energy ? And also, where can I cure poison (besides the antidote thingy?)

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Sadly, I haven't started yet. I was at mom-in-law's this past weekend. Tonight, I have a meeting at the church. When I come back, I'm going running. After that, I have to eat supper. Then, I have to start spring cleaning. But I'll try to start the game tonight at least.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Son1x said:

hSo I played a little more today again and I just got out of the cave with that worm boss and came to some city that starts with B (how could I forget that -.-)

I do have one question though, whats the triangle on your head when you're running. Turns from blue to yellow and to red at the end. Some kind of energy ? And also, where can I cure poison (besides the antidote thingy?)

No monster is near you

A random encounter is near

Expect a fight very, very soon

Son1x said:

So I played a little more today again and I just got out of the cave with that worm boss and came to some city that starts with B (how could I forget that -.-)

I'm pretty sure that tells you how close you are to another encounter.  As you walk, the color changes, and once it goes red be prepared for another attack!

Ah ok thanks. Thats actualy really cool. You can predict when you're gonna get attacked.