By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Casual games = Soulless games. Wii is not for me.

I've got a PSP and a PS3; I'm upgrading my PC; I'll be getting a 360 and DS; yet the Wii barely interests me at all. I just don't understand the appeal.

Around the Network

Really?
The same thing happened for me with the PS3.
I may sell it and start saving for college.

umh what i fail to see (after reading 10 posts) is what is a game with soul...
Killing of a character to emotively shock the player? that's fine the first 2 times it's used... after that it's just rehash.

what you failed to do is list games you feel have soul to show us what you mean.

Personally I think Nintendo games like SMG Zelda MP3 have a lot of soul. I'll even go to say Wii sports has an enormous soul, it's a game many will remember beyond the likes of the current FPS frenzy.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Story=/=soul

Story in games is just a minor gimmick, similar to graphics, music, and controls.

It is the GAMEPLAY what matters, and it migh be great without any story.

Wii is not for everyone, no need to make a thread about it. ;P

Around the Network

There are games with souls on the wii

id argue that wario ware has more creative soul than 90 percent of games

i do agree that wii zelda sucked, but i love the system, and id say many games on it have more soul than the examples you gave

wii sports is a 2 player game, last night i played tennis again with a freind and believe me that game session had passion and soul ;) a ton of fun i cant have playing say ff7

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Ok, there's is a lot of casual games on the Wii. But they have soul too!!
Dont be racist!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I fail to see how adding a "Epic" storyline that is written by committee and is focused on being as generic and commercially acceptable as possible gives a game a "Soul" ... While I'm not going to get into an (another) argument on how poor the storytelling is in many of the games people claim have such great story telling, the vast majority of videogame stories are about as good as a 'Wild Wild West' or 'Van Helsing' in terms of movies and are so poor that few books are published with such poor writing.

Now, if a storyline is essential for you to enjoy the games you play you can find good games with decent stories on all platforms and in most genres.

theprof00 said:
It's not a good idea to say that the console with the youngest age demographic is not your cup of tea. You're just asking for some hate.

*facepalm*  How many times is this going to be proven wrong before people finally stop saying it <_<

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

yep I dont like the wii. Its too boring, the games just dont have much momentum for me.