By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Casual games = Soulless games. Wii is not for me.

Simulacrum said:
Onyxmeth said:
Simulacrum said:
Esmoreit said:
Why should we even listen to the opinions of a person whose experience with gaming starts at FF7? I could claim that this game was a soulless shell-in from square, bending way to much on 3D which made it inferior to FF6.

I'm also quite shocked that you can't find the "soul" in wii sports. Or that you miss the context. I get Miyamoto when he says that wii sport is what he envisioned years ago when he could not get his wife to play games. He made Wii sports for his wife... and all those other people who do not get "our hobby". To me, that is not just soul...that is pure love.

For heavens sake...

MY EXPERIENCE STARTED WITH AMIGA,THEN NINTENDO,THEN SUPER NINTENDO, THEN PLAYSTATION!

READ MY ANSWERS!

You're only 17. How exactly did you go in order through the timeline of consoles when the first two on your list predate your birth and you wouldn't have been able to get into videogames until approximately the launch of the Playstation? It just doesn't seem very likely that you somehow went in chronological order when by the time you were ready to be playing games the 32/64-bit era was upon us.

Hmh I can't really remember all, but I got my amiga from my neighborhood, played some frog game and some Laurer and Hardy game and some others,then I remember at first grade we were playing this "Captain america" game on snes which had multiplayer which was huge!I was always Iron man...Ofc I remember summers with my best friend with Megaman x2 and Yoshis island.

So basically you skipped the NES and went straight from the Amiga to the SNES, and your main games were Captain America and the Avengers, Megaman X2 and Yoshi's Island when you were about 6 or 7. When did you get a Playstation?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Simulacrum said:
Onyxmeth said:
Simulacrum said:
Esmoreit said:
Why should we even listen to the opinions of a person whose experience with gaming starts at FF7? I could claim that this game was a soulless shell-in from square, bending way to much on 3D which made it inferior to FF6.

I'm also quite shocked that you can't find the "soul" in wii sports. Or that you miss the context. I get Miyamoto when he says that wii sport is what he envisioned years ago when he could not get his wife to play games. He made Wii sports for his wife... and all those other people who do not get "our hobby". To me, that is not just soul...that is pure love.

For heavens sake...

MY EXPERIENCE STARTED WITH AMIGA,THEN NINTENDO,THEN SUPER NINTENDO, THEN PLAYSTATION!

READ MY ANSWERS!

You're only 17. How exactly did you go in order through the timeline of consoles when the first two on your list predate your birth and you wouldn't have been able to get into videogames until approximately the launch of the Playstation? It just doesn't seem very likely that you somehow went in chronological order when by the time you were ready to be playing games the 32/64-bit era was upon us.

Hmh I can't really remember all, but I got my amiga from my neighborhood, played some frog game and some Laurer and Hardy game and some others,then I remember at first grade we were playing this "Captain america" game on snes which had multiplayer which was huge!I was always Iron man...Ofc I remember summers with my best friend with Megaman x2 and Yoshis island.

So basically you skipped the NES and went straight from the Amiga to the SNES, and your main games were Captain America and the Avengers, Megaman X2 and Yoshi's Island when you were about 6 or 7. When did you get a Playstation?

Heck I don't want to argue with you about soul because I would lose because I don't write so good english. Maybe if I will say Simpsons episode where Bart loses his soul.Or think of a doll.

Secret of Mana was one of best games on it.

Hmm lets see I remember getting it at used gameshop with Mortal kombat 4, dark omen and G-police.Maybe I was on third class so about 10 years.

Take my love, take my land..

MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:
It's not a good idea to say that the console with the youngest age demographic is not your cup of tea. You're just asking for some hate.

*facepalm*  How many times is this going to be proven wrong before people finally stop saying it <_<

There's many an old school gamer that has been tempted back into gaming by the Virtual Console and the change in style. I'm one of them. Many of my pals provide further anecdotal evidence. I got bored of gaming during the PS2 era. I only bought about 7 games for it and two of those were Singstar and a Dance Mat game. I'm glad I came back.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:
It's not a good idea to say that the console with the youngest age demographic is not your cup of tea. You're just asking for some hate.

*facepalm*  How many times is this going to be proven wrong before people finally stop saying it <_<

There's many an old school gamer that has been tempted back into gaming by the Virtual Console and the change in style. I'm one of them. Many of my pals provide further anecdotal evidence. I got bored of gaming during the PS2 era. I only bought about 7 games for it and two of those were Singstar and a Dance Mat game. I'm glad I came back.

Yeah there's a lot of statistical evidence that contradicts a lot of fanboy "Wii is for kids" statements, the average age was 29 a couple years back, now that things like Wii Fit has released and more VC games like you've said, it's likely higher now.  But fanboys are the loudest and most obnoxious people on the internet so it's commonly believed that "no one plays their Wii" and "Wii is for kids" despite the actual proof being the contrary.

If you went by stats:

Youngest = 360

Oldest = Wii

Most played

Most = Wii

(never found stats on the least)

But again if fanboys used facts and logic they wouldn't be fanboys :)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
bazmeistergen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:

Yeah there's a lot of statistical evidence that contradicts a lot of fanboy "Wii is for kids" statements, the average age was 29 a couple years back, now that things like Wii Fit has released and more VC games like you've said, it's likely higher now.  But fanboys are the loudest and most obnoxious people on the internet so it's commonly believed that "no one plays their Wii" and "Wii is for kids" despite the actual proof being the contrary.

If you went by stats:

Youngest = 360

Oldest = Wii

Most played

Most = Wii

Gotta love the fanboys Max. They make forums fun. They lie, they react to bait, they enter into childish denial and all the other things that make the internet so uncivilised. If you spoke to them face-to-face they would soon drop the facade.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

The wii isn't for you, trade it for a ps3

not sure what the point of this thread was, but if it was to discuss the merit of your opinion on the casual gaming not having a soul (ie. saying SMG, smash bros, etc are casual games), then please reply to trestres' last post

The Wii brings something different to the table and attracts more new gamers to the market and contributes to the Wiis success this generation. PS3 and X360 offer nothing really new besides HD graphics. PS1/2/3 has stuck with the same controller for 15 years which was a copy of SNES controller. So a 20 year old design is what is the PS3 controller of today.

Wii is selling the most consoles world wide. PS3 and X360 are both getting it handed to them by the Wii

I see a PS3 fan is jealous of Wii success. Bitterness and resentment towards Wii in this thread.

Good to see a lot of Nintendo Wii fans are in full voice: "We are Wii, We are Wii, We are Wii. We are Wii."

Sorry, but I can't see LBP as soulless - that game has more genuine love behind its creation that most, and plenty of 'soul' IMHO.

What I see you listing is genres/game types you don't like, which is fine. But every title you see as souless another will see as having plenty of soul.

Don't confuse your own personal taste with genuine aspects of games. Some games are soulless, and they are the generic games, built to a basic blueprint to try only to make some money copying some original, successful title.  The games with no genuine passion or creation behind them.

Those are the games that are genuinely soulless IMHO.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

bazmeistergen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
bazmeistergen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:

If you went by stats:

Youngest = 360

Oldest = Wii

Most played

Most = Wii

Gotta love the fanboys Max. They make forums fun. They lie, they react to bait, they enter into childish denial and all the other things that make the internet so uncivilised. If you spoke to them face-to-face they would soon drop the facade.

Gotta a link? Since I have heard many times people don't play Wii much.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:

I'm not gonna touch Wii ever again.

Bold claim.

Anyway I don't like casual games either. And I agree with you on SSBB I played it at my friends house and it was okay but I don't see why its so good.

Mario Kart is fun but it feels like it hasn't changed since the first one! Like sure more tracks, characters, etc. But its the same basic racing game with okay powerups.

Never played Mario or Twilight Princess.