By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars Sells One Millionth Game,.....yes baby..,,

I bought it because of the halo name, it's a good game, but not the best RTS out their (Even on a console)

Around the Network
reptile168 said:
i'm sure microsoft is somewhat disappointed with sales, because it's Halo afterall. and also, stores have a lot of stocks of this game on the first week, which means that they expected a higher sell.

How can anyone say that with a strait face?  Any time a game reaches a million it is a good thing and most consider it a very large success.  Don't forget that this is very early in the life of the game, it still has a lot of life left to live.

You also forgot to mention.

1)  The high return rates.

2)   The commercial didn't have any game play so M$ was trying to trick people.

3)  Such a mediocre game.

Oh, I forgot to mention those 3 things are a load of BS.  :D

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Shipped.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

So say the guy who expected KZ2 to do 1.3 million in 1st week...lol...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

its shipped

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
heruamon said:
Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

its shipped

I just read what was in the sig...:

"2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09."

Or are you talking about Halo Wars?  With 200K players a day...it would be a pretty high ratio of sold copies being used for online play...if that's shipped, then sell thru has been amazing.  BTW, there wasn't much talk about this little blurb:

"But these initial explosive battles in “Halo Wars” are just beginning. Microsoft is working closely with partner and newly formed studio Robot Entertainment, which is comprised of “Halo Wars” and “Age of Empires” veterans from Ensemble Studios. More Halo Wars content is being prepared, so stay tuned."

NICE...DLC is on the way, since these guys are now independent, and bills have to be paid!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

heruamon said:
ssj12 said:
heruamon said:
Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

its shipped

Or are you talking about Halo Wars?  With 200K players a day...it would be a pretty high ratio of sold copies being used for online play...if that's shipped, then sell thru has been amazing.  BTW, there wasn't much talk about this little blurb:

"But these initial explosive battles in “Halo Wars” are just beginning. Microsoft is working closely with partner and newly formed studio Robot Entertainment, which is comprised of “Halo Wars” and “Age of Empires” veterans from Ensemble Studios. More Halo Wars content is being prepared, so stay tuned."

NICE...DLC is on the way, since these guys are now independent, and bills have to be paid!

It would be nice if the old Ensemble crew could port Halo Wars over to the PC or start making another game all together.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

heruamon said:
ssj12 said:
heruamon said:
Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

its shipped

"But these initial explosive battles in ?Halo Wars? are just beginning. Microsoft is working closely with partner and newly formed studio Robot Entertainment, which is comprised of ?Halo Wars? and ?Age of Empires? veterans from Ensemble Studios. More Halo Wars content is being prepared, so stay tuned."

considering ms brags about having the highest number of people who play online and rts has always and will always be better pvp id assume majority will play online and the game is brand new so i assume people are playing their new toy daily that 200k a day isnt very impressive

De85 said:
PullusPardus said:
Alot of people bought this game thinking its a first person shooter xD, i saw alot of refunds its funny.

Will people ever get tired of making this excuse?  If people really thought it was a shooter it would have done over 2 million already. 

There are always people who return games soon after release, and Halo Wars will be no exception, but it won't deviate too much form the norm.

im not making excuses , i am just saying that its funny when i had went to local game shops, alot of kids with their moms were arguing with the clerk about selling the wrong game. (Kids dont know its a RTS but alot of adults do)

my friend bought it , its basic nothing deep. im thinking they are aiming at the new comers to the genre, tho thats being said the game is a blast online.

Max King of the Wild said:
heruamon said:
ssj12 said:
heruamon said:
Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

its shipped

"But these initial explosive battles in ?Halo Wars? are just beginning. Microsoft is working closely with partner and newly formed studio Robot Entertainment, which is comprised of ?Halo Wars? and ?Age of Empires? veterans from Ensemble Studios. More Halo Wars content is being prepared, so stay tuned."

considering ms brags about having the highest number of people who play online and rts has always and will always be better pvp id assume majority will play online and the game is brand new so i assume people are playing their new toy daily that 200k a day isnt very impressive

Sure bub...