By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars Sells One Millionth Game,.....yes baby..,,

The word 'Shipped' comes to mind!

People are so quick to judge Sony about this so i thought i would do the same

Around the Network

Well...M$ "shipped" a million, but VGC reported 820k+ in sales....seems to me we will see re-orders soon from retailers...then M$ will report 2 million ...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Max King of the Wild said:
heruamon said:
ssj12 said:
heruamon said:
Angel_DwK said:
Shipped.

So say the guy who expected KZ2 to do 1.3 million in 1st week...lol...

its shipped

I just read what was in the sig...:

"2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09."

Or are you talking about Halo Wars?  With 200K players a day...it would be a pretty high ratio of sold copies being used for online play...if that's shipped, then sell thru has been amazing.  BTW, there wasn't much talk about this little blurb:

"But these initial explosive battles in ?Halo Wars? are just beginning. Microsoft is working closely with partner and newly formed studio Robot Entertainment, which is comprised of ?Halo Wars? and ?Age of Empires? veterans from Ensemble Studios. More Halo Wars content is being prepared, so stay tuned."

NICE...DLC is on the way, since these guys are now independent, and bills have to be paid!

considering ms brags about having the highest number of people who play online and rts has always and will always be better pvp id assume majority will play online and the game is brand new so i assume people are playing their new toy daily that 200k a day isnt very impressive

Sure bub...

`

Maybe he stands around gamestop waiting on people to return it. :D  I hate when that happens!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Awesom sales for a console RTS

Maybe this will bring new RTS devs to consoles?
Starcraft 2 port maybe?

go halo

Around the Network
damndl0ser said:
reptile168 said:
i'm sure microsoft is somewhat disappointed with sales, because it's Halo afterall. and also, stores have a lot of stocks of this game on the first week, which means that they expected a higher sell.

How can anyone say that with a strait face?  Any time a game reaches a million it is a good thing and most consider it a very large success.  Don't forget that this is very early in the life of the game, it still has a lot of life left to live.

You also forgot to mention.

1)  The high return rates.

2)   The commercial didn't have any game play so M$ was trying to trick people.

3)  Such a mediocre game.

Oh, I forgot to mention those 3 things are a load of BS.  :D

don't know what you mean and don't know if you are a hater or fan of MS (positively, you have 360 gamer card on your sig, and negatively, you think you're cool by writing ms with a $), but games that are opened can't be returned.

Just because I have M$ in my writing doesn't make me think I am "cool". I am 37 years old and have grown up with Microsoft being abreviated like M$. And I will continue doing that until I die. So if you have a problem with that, fine, but there is no need in trying to make someone look stupid over a problem that you have. Ask 80-95% of the average person here, they know what M$ means.

I am a M$ supporter, but not a fanboy. My point was that those 3 things are what haters use as a crutch against such a good game "Halo Wars". But maybe I was just trying to be a smartass, I haven't decided.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!