By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives GTA:Chinatown Wars a 9.5!!!

was anyone expecting that???

IGN Ratings for Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (DS)
RatingDescription
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.0 Presentation
The limited DS cartridge medium isn't quite as friendly to the cinematic experience that console versions utilize, but that cart is jammed to the point of bursting with a crazy amount of stuff.
9.5 Graphics
Excellent 3D engine that remains at a constant 30 FPS far more frequently than the console versions do. Don't miss all the extra pizazz, like realistic physics and impressive particle effects.
8.0 Sound
The audio probably got the short end of the stick in the DS move - no extensive licensed soundtrack and no voice acting beyond environmental sound bites. What's here is really good, though.
9.5 Gameplay
It's hard to imagine a better job recreating the GTA experience on the DS -- Leeds did an outstanding job. There's so much to do and to discover, just watch out for the occasional bug.
10 Lasting Appeal
Single player progression is a good 15 hour affair in a speed run, but after that you've still got tons more to do. Play local multiplayer and link-up online for additional challenges.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://ds.ign.com/articles/962/962778p1.html

hello how are you.

Around the Network

Wow I certainly didn't expect that :O

I hope it sells really well so Rockstar continues to innovate in the series

whoo hoo!

mmmm after read this maybe i will buy it XD. now give it to the wii

jugando ahora: Super Street fighter 4, ninokuni "ds"
playing now: NINOKUNI, Super Street fighter 4, kof 13
waiting for: 3ds to play street fighter 4 and zelda

Awesome! I'm so glad I pre-ordered it. Getting it tomorrow! :D

Around the Network

*faints* I never knew a third party ds game would get a 9.5! thats something Rockstar should celebrate. now im probably going to get it.

=))))))))

HOLY Crap. now maybe I should go get a DS to use with my R4 I bought in case i ever got a DS. Oooor i could just barrow one for a lil bit.

O.o did not expect that.... not a big fan of GTA, although i enjoyed the first ones in PC.... so probably i will give this a chance... but i have to try it before buying it

Good score, but then again they gave GTA 4 a 10 so...