By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All previous Resident Evil game are "Act 1" says Capcom.

Do they not realize that there is pretty much no decent alternative to "Act 1" Resident Evil and 50 million awesome alternatives to the "new" Resident Evil?

Why not just create a new IP or make a spin off? Why shit on a huge loyal fanbase?

Around the Network
blaydcor said:
So, Capcom's thought process was something like this:

1)Completely redesign the few series characters who return in RE 5
2)Shit all over cohesion and continuity in the story
3)Abandon classic series' gameplay
4)Announce that this is all only the beginning, that they're dropping everything from act 1
5)????
6)It's still Resident Evil!!

I think numbers 1 3 and 6 are the best complaints here, though moving away from old game mechanics is to be expected.

Sorry, guys, I can't work myself up to be bitter about this one.

tehsage said:
Fuck Capcom.

Where does this kind of douchebag response come from?

Umbrella's finished. Wesker's dead. They original storyline has been wrapped up and they're starting a new one.

Is there something wrong with that?

Stay tuned for RE15 where you play as a zombie that storms Capcom office.

Many thing went unfinished on act one! course you Capcom course you Capcom.

not a fan but a gamer

Around the Network

Well, thay said that because the couldnt beat RE4.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Hopefully, the "act one" comment is just a tragically bad way to say that the old storyline is getting wrapped up and finally laid to rest. I mean honestly, does anyone dispute that it was getting kind of crazily convoluted?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Having said that, Capcom seems as if it's actually TRYING to develop a love/hate relationship with gamers. Give us Okami port, with IGN watermark. Zack & Wiki, but no advertising or shelf space. RE5 and don't worry about the plot, we're rebooting anyway.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

If this is the final Resident evil based on the characters we all know and love, then surely they should have had Claire Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Rebecca Chambers, Ada Wong, Barry Burton, Sherry Burkin ect in the game.

Chris mentions the Kennedy report in the game so i thought that Leon would show up at some stage but i guess i was wrong.

The ending to Resident evil 5 is good, but more old faces returning would have been nice.

Yeah, It just feels so strange now that RE5 is over with. It really felt that by the end of the game that Capcom was trying to hastily finish off the RE story and its characters, instead of just continuing the story.

I mean, Jill and Chris' mission before the events of this game (starring a very important villain not seen until a flashback in RE5. Seriously? Just a flashback? Ugh.) could have made for an excellent game (It was in a mansion for Pete's sake). Maybe Darkside Chronicles will fill in some gaps...

Ah well, here's hoping Krauser and HUNK make their triumphant returns in "Act II".