By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All previous Resident Evil game are "Act 1" says Capcom.

everything up to 4 should be act 1.

the horribly controlling, bad acting, first act

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
everything up to 4 should be act 1.

the horribly controlling, bad acting, first act

Bad acting you're right. No RE was as bad as the original one.

Chris: No!........Don't go!

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

re5 is good stop the bashing

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

^People seemed to be whining about how the series will change completely in the future games.

I for once am glad that Wesker is finally dead. How can a STARS captain rise to ultra evil Blofeld-like mastermind is beyond my grasp. If he were the director of the intelligence services or even police chief it would have made more sense.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

RE went wrong on the cube. RE4 has too many bullets. It has become a shooter, RE5 still has a stop and shoot policy. RE6 won't have this anymore. Many people bitch about it. Capcom wants money, their fans already play fatal frame, silent hill etc.

If i'd like to kill lots of zombies i'd rather play L4D
If want to kill lots of zombies (the funny way) i'd play Dead Rising

I'm missing a survival horror game with only zombies and other manipulated animals (no monsters). They should have chosen action/adventure route instead of the shooter route.

I cannot blame them though shooters are hot on consoles since last generation. Resident Evil is their cashcow.

I will still play RE though.

Around the Network

I'm really glad I already knew what happened in RE5 since everyone and their mother is determined to spoil it in every RE thread on this forum despite the game only being out for few days.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

XGamer0611 said:
Capcom is full of crap. The characters are what sell the RE games. Look at the history of the series.

RE 1: Introduced Chris, Jill, Barry, Wesker, and Rebecca.

RE2: Introduced Leon and Claire, Ada

RE3: Brings back Jill

RE: Survivor: Introduced Character that were never heard from again.

RE: Code Veronica: Bring back Claire and Chris

RE4: Brings back Leon and Ada from two.

RE5: Brings back Chris.

RE0: Reintroduced Rebecca

By the way does anybody know where Barry is? He hasn't been seen since RE 1.

Capcom will never abandon these characters. They were what made RE. Without them the franchise would have died long ago. They bring these characters back for a reason. Look at the failures that are RE: Survivor, Outbreak and Outbreak File 2.

Not to say the RE characters aren't great and loved by the fans but I'm sure it had to do with Survivor and Outbreak being crappy games compared to the rest as to the reason why they didn't sell. People like the characthers from a game ultimately because they liked the game.

For evidence of why the games you mentioned sold as why others didn't-

Metacritic scores

Resident Evil (PS1)- 91

Resident Evil 2 (PS1)- 89

Resident Evil Survivor (PS1)-  39

Resident Evil 4 (GC)- 96 (PS2)- 96

Resident Evil Code Veronica (PS2)- 84

Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2)- 71

Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 (PS2)- 58

Resident Evil: Dead Aim (PS2)- 65

Resident Evil (GC)- 91

Resident Evil 0 (GC)- 83

In conclusion, I doubt it's no coincidence that the games with the lower scores were less well recieved compared to games with much better reviews. 

I'll come up with something better eventually...

That's a huge list

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

man wat happen to the RE series

there supposed to be making 6 completely different from how 4 and 5 are gameplay wise i just dont want anymore AI partners for 6 in the signal player story and for it to be scary and to have a bad ass character that u'll be playing as dont care if its a new one

but all this is old the series made a turn in 2005 with re4 just look at the story and gameplay

Play Me

Well, I don't see this as a problem. I mean, what were they supposed to do, keep on relating to those storylines and characters over and over again? It would have become pretty tired and padded out - there's only so much back-story you can invent and push into the series' history with new installments before you have to say enough is enough and start afresh.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com