By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix really owes Nintendo

Sorry Soriku, but you have to admit your posts get kinda out of hand. At least this seems to be winding down to a more reasonable level of debate again finally.

My point is, Square, and every other 3rd party for that matter, will do what they think is best. They never "owe" anyone. You can't get every game on one system. When you bought the Wii you should know that your not going to get all the graphically intensive games of last generation. That doesn't mean it's not going to get a lot of developmental focus, and a lot of new IPs, but you aren't going to get everything. My recommendation to you (this goes for everyone): if you are going to bitch and moan every time a game doesn't come to your system, then OWN MORE THAN ONE.

Around the Network

you realize that Nomura is just a character designer and the producer on KH and FF Versus XIII. He has no adminstrative position over Square Enix.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

naznatips said:
Sorry Soriku, but you have to admit your posts get kinda out of hand. At least this seems to be winding down to a more reasonable level of debate again finally.

My point is, Square, and every other 3rd party for that matter, will do what they think is best. They never "owe" anyone. You can't get every game on one system. When you bought the Wii you should know that your not going to get all the graphically intensive games of last generation. That doesn't mean it's not going to get a lot of developmental focus, and a lot of new IPs, but you aren't going to get everything. My recommendation to you (this goes for everyone): if you are going to bitch and moan every time a game doesn't come to your system, then OWN MORE THAN ONE.

oh i disagree, i bet if you ask them on an interview on who they owe their success to,

i bet theyll say say something corny like, we owe our success to all our fans.if it werent for their support we wouldnt be here. 

yeah thats right they owe us! so i believe they should give out FFXIII for free,you know just to make us even.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
naznatips said:

oh i disagree, i bet if you ask them on an interview on who they owe their success to,

i bet theyll say say something corny like, we owe our success to all our fans.if it werent for their support we wouldnt be here. 

yeah thats right they owe us! so i believe they should give out FFXIII for free,you know just to make us even.

To bad you wont have the ps3 to play it on :P

mM
leo-j said:
To bad you wont have the ps3 to play it on :P

well if heavenly sword got 9's across the board i would have bought one already. ='l
now im just gonna have to spend my money on an HDTV first.

and FFXIII doesnt come out till 09, i should have one before then, so meh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
Square left Nintendo because they didn't want to use carts. Money talks? Square took a BIG risk by leaving the current console champion in favor of a platform that supported their vision. N64 was originally supposed to use CDs but Miyamoto Yamauchi didn't want that because of load times, and he got his way. Square had FFVII planned for a CD based system and Nintendo changed their position. Square doesn't owe them a thing...

If anything they owe Sony, if it weren't for Sony Square probably wouldn't be a major player in North America as their big series, Final Fantasy, probably wouldn't have caught on like it did.
They don't owe anyone. they are a 3rd party for Christ's sake. They make games, and they make them on systems that they expect them to sell on. Do you think DQ was moved to the DS for artistic reasons? Of course not, it's because that's where they will make the most money. Get over yourselves. Square will make games wherever they damn well please and they don't owe anyone.

Uh no, it was Miyamoto that was pushing for carts because he didn't want load times in Mario 64. Yamauchi made the final decision but it was still Miyamoto who wanted it that way and he has a lot of say in what happens.

And I did say IF they owe anyone. Like it or not, Sony surely helped Square become what they are today.  If it weren't for Sony I don't think FFVII would have been nearly as popular as it is now in America, and in turn the series itself would not be as popular.

Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
Square left Nintendo because they didn't want to use carts. Money talks? Square took a BIG risk by leaving the current console champion in favor of a platform that supported their vision. N64 was originally supposed to use CDs but Miyamoto Yamauchi didn't want that because of load times, and he got his way. Square had FFVII planned for a CD based system and Nintendo changed their position. Square doesn't owe them a thing...

If anything they owe Sony, if it weren't for Sony Square probably wouldn't be a major player in North America as their big series, Final Fantasy, probably wouldn't have caught on like it did.
They don't owe anyone. they are a 3rd party for Christ's sake. They make games, and they make them on systems that they expect them to sell on. Do you think DQ was moved to the DS for artistic reasons? Of course not, it's because that's where they will make the most money. Get over yourselves. Square will make games wherever they damn well please and they don't owe anyone.

Uh no, it was Miyamoto that was pushing for carts because he didn't want load times in Mario 64. Yamauchi made the final decision but it was still Miyamoto who wanted it that way and he has a lot of say in what happens.

And I did say IF they owe anyone. Like it or not, Sony surely helped Square become what they are today. If it weren't for Sony I don't think FFVII would have been nearly as popular as it is now in America, and in turn the series itself would not be as popular.

You know what I would love? If for once, just for one day, people would either not post about things they know nothing about, or at least admit they were wrong when they are corrected. Miyamoto was just a developer for Nintendo back then. A famous developer, but a developer nontheless. It was solely Yamauchi touting the strength of cartridges and the irrelevance of CDs. Miyamoto simply listened to his boss. Of course he didn't say "cartridges suck, Nintendo fails," but that doesn't mean he's the one who was fighting for it's position. You have no clue what you are talking about and I recommend you simply stop trying to discuss this with me.

Sony did not help Square become anything. Square made their own games, and their own success. They are responsible for themselves, and they have no affiliation or loyalty to either Sony or Nintendo. I mean my god console gaming wouldn't exist at all if it wasn't for the NES, but every developer doesn't thank Nintendo for their success. I wish this site had an age limit sometimes. Who am I kidding, I wish this site had an age limit all the time.

naznatips said:

I wish this site had an age limit sometimes. Who am I kidding, I wish this site had an age limit all the time.

You are so right, it's too bad that it won't and basically can't happen.  This is one of the worst threads i have ever read except for when naznatips constantly proves people wrong. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

And I did say IF they owe anyone. Like it or not, Sony surely helped Square become what they are today. If it weren't for Sony I don't think FFVII would have been nearly as popular as it is now in America, and in turn the series itself would not be as popular.

You know what I would love? If for once, just for one day, people would either not post about things they know nothing about, or at least admit they were wrong when they are corrected. Miyamoto was just a developer for Nintendo back then. A famous developer, but a developer nontheless. It was solely Yamauchi touting the strength of cartridges and the irrelevance of CDs. Miyamoto simply listened to his boss. Of course he didn't say "cartridges suck, Nintendo fails," but that doesn't mean he's the one who was fighting for it's position. You have no clue what you are talking about and I recommend you simply stop trying to discuss this with me.

Sony did not help Square become anything. Square made their own games, and their own success. They are responsible for themselves, and they have no affiliation or loyalty to either Sony or Nintendo. I mean my god console gaming wouldn't exist at all if it wasn't for the NES, but every developer doesn't thank Nintendo for their success. I wish this site had an age limit sometimes. Who am I kidding, I wish this site had an age limit all the time.

I'd love for people to argue civilly instead of acting all high and mighty. The Miyamoto thing was taken from Nintendo Power before the N64 released, they specifically said he wanted to use carts so there would be no load times in Mario 64 and OoT. Now of course, I didn't talk to the higher ups at Nintendo to find out the real story, I'm just going by what was said by both Nintendo and Miyamoto. Maybe they're lying for some good PR but I can't be sure of that, and you can't be either.

As for Sony not helping square...god you have to be kidding me. You're example of Nintendo being successful isn't relevent at all. Sony and Square dealth with each other directly. Sony paid the the translation and backed FFVII with a 100 million dollar advertising budget. Yes Sony did that for Final Fantasy VII. Oh wait, you're going to tell me the biggest ad campaign ever for a game(at that time) had nothing to do with it's success in North America? The CG commercials airing on major TV stations, print ads in non-game magazines, radio ads, Pepsi ads, etc etc. But that's not helping Square?

Ok how about this. When Final Fantasy SW bombed and almost put Square out of business, Sony supported them by purchasing some stock in them so they wouldn't go under. How is this stuff not helping Square?

If for once, just for one day, people would either not post about things they know nothing about, or at least admit they were wrong when they are corrected.

Now I hope you aren't a hypocrite, because Sony has cleared helped Square.

As for the age limit, you seem to be the one incapable of handling a civil debate and instead try to insult people. That's not the most mature way of handling things.  

Edouble24: Weird side note: Square didn't use Ted Woosely for FF7, which led to it being Horribly translated. I wonder if Sony provided their own team instead of letting Square use theirs, who were apparently much better.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.