By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales tracking almost exactly 360 sales.

"The other interesting thing I noticed was that up until last week, the PS3 was tracking almost exactly the PS2 sales in the same way. "

I can understand how you might think they're tracking the same since you're new here. But where you see PS2 was selling 90K a week was Japan. PS2 was only released in Japan for those few months. PS3 WW is selling the same as PS2 JP.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Here this should be a good example of why the PS2 line is hard to make sense of when comparing to the early life of a console.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=All&cons2=GC&reg2=All&cons3=PS2&reg3=All&align=1

As you can see the Gamcube line blends in pretty well with the PS2 line at the beginning of its lifetime. So its really not a good way to look at it if you want a good idea of how they are performing in these early stages.

I am really hoping that in the future we will have the ability to zoom in or set the window size so we can look closer and see the differences a lot clearer.

To Each Man, Responsibility

the euro launch bolstered PS3 sales...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@ISHY

We EU guys STOP SONY's Ps3 from being a DUD

ne what do WE GET IN RETURN:

DELAYED GAMES, CRAPPY PSN CONTENT, NO PRICE CUT (doesn't affect me, but still)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

There's a couple factors that should be considered.

1. The 360 post-launch had massive shortages all the way till April in the US, and even in Europe there were shortages. PS3's launch allocation in America was also pathetically small.

2. 360 sells jack shit in Japan. Though this factor is less of an issue since PS3 at one point was flirting with 360 level sales in Japan too.

3. Massive Euro launch of PS3, and it came late.

4. Both are way too expensive. Still.

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
@ISHY

you EU guys lost all rights to bitch when playTV was annouced as EU only for the forseeable future. :P

JeffLee said:
darthdevidem said:
@ISHY

you EU guys lost all rights to bitch when playTV was annouced as EU only for the forseeable future. :P

yea i know i would love to have play tv..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

@Jeflee

Play TV looks cool NO DOUBT but I already have something called SKY+ which is VERY similar to play Tv except not in HD

I'm not bitchin or degrading the Ps3 (hell I sold my WII for it), I LOVE IT for everything it does n Warhawk is the first step towards being fully satisfied (Uncharted being the next one)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Sqrl said:
Honestly the PS2 line is worthless for comparisons right now. With its upper limit being over 100 million and current consoles being below 11 million its really hard to see the meaningful difference in the lines. It would help if we could specify one of the consoles as the primary view window so we can focus in on the area we are interested in.

Yeah, I was hoping I could do something like that. Maybe they will implement it soon.

dtewi said:
I can understand how you might think they're tracking the same since you're new here. But where you see PS2 was selling 90K a week was Japan. PS2 was only released in Japan for those few months. PS3 WW is selling the same as PS2 JP.

That's an interesting observation. Thanks for pointing that out. How many weeks after the Japan release was the U.S. and world release?