By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My fellow Nintendo fans, we are sheep

I don't have any problem with Nintendo. I think they finally made a system that more than 13 people like. I don't feel like a sheep, I feel like I'm on the right boat for once.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network
averyblund said:
Ok a few thing Sonic Black Knight sucks. It's terrible.

Secondly I did defend GC graphics back in the day, I won't lie. You know why? Because back then that was what differentiated consoles (mostly). They all had decently competent controls, and similar storage, so in the end it came down to games and graphics. For me controls were always number 1, so while I like the nifty graphics, they were less important. When the time to buy a new console came up I was faced by 2 choices. Get better graphics and a new TV, so I could play games the same I had since 1994, or go with decent graphics and get the immersion I had always gotten from my PC but even more enhanced.

The third thing is about being sheep. Some Ninty fans are, just like the other console lamers. However most of us call a spade a spade. We are pissed at the delayed and crappy online, and despite what you said have been since the PS2/Xbox days. We are annoyed with the overpriced constant flow of controllers and accessories. Most of us are unhappy with the number of non-shovelware games, and cash-ins.

The final thing I will say is that from my experience on this site. Ninty fans are far above the others when it comes to honest, polite discourse. Every time I venture into the HD forums it is just and endless supply of trolls and people who can't spell, or compose a post. That in and of itself makes more more likely to associate myself with the Ninty guys.

Listen I love my 360, it provides me with many hours of fun. But Ninty got it right for me, the provided a compelling console with innovation not seen since the Virtual Boy. There is a lot to commend them for taking that leap especailly while all their competitors took the lazy route.

Tsk tsk.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
averyblund said:
Ok a few thing Sonic Black Knight sucks. It's terrible.

Secondly I did defend GC graphics back in the day, I won't lie. You know why? Because back then that was what differentiated consoles (mostly). They all had decently competent controls, and similar storage, so in the end it came down to games and graphics. For me controls were always number 1, so while I like the nifty graphics, they were less important. When the time to buy a new console came up I was faced by 2 choices. Get better graphics and a new TV, so I could play games the same I had since 1994, or go with decent graphics and get the immersion I had always gotten from my PC but even more enhanced.

The third thing is about being sheep. Some Ninty fans are, just like the other console lamers. However most of us call a spade a spade. We are pissed at the delayed and crappy online, and despite what you said have been since the PS2/Xbox days. We are annoyed with the overpriced constant flow of controllers and accessories. Most of us are unhappy with the number of non-shovelware games, and cash-ins.

The final thing I will say is that from my experience on this site. Ninty fans are far above the others when it comes to honest, polite discourse. Every time I venture into the HD forums it is just and endless supply of trolls and people who can't spell, or compose a post. That in and of itself makes more more likely to associate myself with the Ninty guys.

Listen I love my 360, it provides me with many hours of fun. But Ninty got it right for me, the provided a compelling console with innovation not seen since the Virtual Boy. There is a lot to commend them for taking that leap especailly while all their competitors took the lazy route.

Tsk tsk.

Uhhh ohhh the grammar squad is deployed 

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Microsoft word didn't like your post. Its not me, its Microsoft who did it.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Microsoft word didn't like your post. Its not me, its Microsoft who did it.

They just don't like Ninty fans I guess!

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
"Bet with BengaBenga: Monster Hunter 3 won't sell 1 million in it's first month in Japan alone."

You poor soul.

He could be right. It is possible that Monster Hunter is like Mario; Sells more on handhelds than on consoles.

My avatar is a sheep

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Lostplanet22 said:
Final-Fan said:
"Bet with BengaBenga: Monster Hunter 3 won't sell 1 million in it's first month in Japan alone."

You poor soul.

He could be right. It is possible that Monster Hunter is like Mario; Sells more on handhelds than on consoles.

It is certainly possible that Monster Hunter 3 fails to achieve the sales of the handheld games, but Mario is a very bad example for that phenomen. Only New Super Mario Bros had way better sales than its counterpart on a console of the same gen, and several Mario console games have sold over 10 million. Mario platformers are probably the franchise that sold the most games on consoles alone, so you actually took the worst example you could.

Now if you'd have said Pokemon games or Wario platformers, you'd have had a point.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Wow, and here I thought this was going to be another display of your bi-polarism regarding Nintendo and games in general. Good Rol, you look kind of cool.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

jake_the_fake1 said:
you do realise that sheep get slaughtered.....got to say I love lamb chops XD

Me too.

Especially on Good Friday.

"I'm to have meat to eat today, even if has to be human flesh."

--Ze do Caxio

Heavens to Murgatoids.