By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the PSN fails and how to improve it ~ Do you agree with this article?

Oh I forgot to mention that my experince with PSN has always been online with hardly any lag and being disconnected from a game is a very rare (like 1%).

It should get points for being free and having no lag. Not to mention dedicated servers help alot.

Around the Network
Killzowned said:
PSN > Live. Easily. I'm not paying for my internet connection twice.

This quote is win quote of the year. These days the last thing I'm looking for is another Bill to pay.

^Then why did you buy a console? It's smarter not to waste ANY money on a console, and what are you going to do when Sony starts to charge?

y0ungK!d said:
^Then why did you buy a console? It's smarter not to waste ANY money on a console, and what are you going to do when Sony starts to charge?

until Sony charges PSN > Live

Killzowned said:
PSN > Live. Easily. I'm not paying for my internet connection twice.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

PSN provides every feature that I want/need and it's free, what more could I want ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

It doesn't matter what live gold offers, I refuse to pay for it. So comparing live silver and PSN which are both free, live fails, it doesnt even support multiplayer.

a lot of people on here are not discussing the meat of the article which is sony promising one thing then doing another. a lot of people also say they are happy with psn but have never used lived. well then your opinion doesn't really matter because the article is talking about comparing and contrasting the two. so it would be better discussion if people would stay on topic. Thanks!

NicholasCage said:
Er, didn't Sony announced like a month ago they earned $1mil from just selling the 50 cent clothes for Home? That's a lot of sales considering it's just 50 cents for most items.

Home is still in BETA, it's not even at it's max peak. EA said they would release their part of Home in March, so we can see that sooner or later. We can play Poker, Golf and Race for free.

1 M dollars is a shitty amount of profit for the development process of anything in home.

Live is undoubtedly a superior service. But, of course, PSN is free.

The article makes some good points. Sony need to integrate the PSN more. I don't mean scrapping the XMB, just adding a separate "PSN menu". Select it, you can view the store, change your account, send messages, view a trophy leaderboard, etc.

That is by far the most important thing to do.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

can doKantor said:
Live is undoubtedly a superior service. But, of course, PSN is free.

The article makes some good points. Sony need to integrate the PSN more. I don't mean scrapping the XMB, just adding a separate "PSN menu". Select it, you can view the store, change your account, send messages, view a trophy leaderboard, etc.

That is by far the most important thing to do.

there IS a PSN network thing.

you can account management and view the store .

send messages it's under friendl list that it's other thing.