By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the PSN fails and how to improve it ~ Do you agree with this article?

Killzowned said:
PSN > Live. Easily. I'm not paying for my internet connection twice.

Agreed!

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:

The very first sentence of the article fails. What forums has this guy been reading? All I hear on forums is people whining about x attribute of  psn not being as good as live while conveniently forgetting that it's free. Nintendo on the other hand would make for a better comparison. Check out their online service. Compare what sony offers for free and what nintendo offers then come back and whine.

Have you ever been to N4G?

Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:

The very first sentence of the article fails. What forums has this guy been reading? All I hear on forums is people whining about x attribute of  psn not being as good as live while conveniently forgetting that it's free. Nintendo on the other hand would make for a better comparison. Check out their online service. Compare what sony offers for free and what nintendo offers then come back and whine.

A few times when there's an article I feel like reading

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

There is no comparison: XBL >>>>PSN
You get what you pay for and it's worth every penny.

Try to come up with a better argument than "it's free".

Note: I have no beef with PSN, XBL is just a better service.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Pristine20 said:
Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:

This article was inspired by the N4G community.

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:

If you want to chat with friends your statements are true, however, if you want to play games, the PSN is the better service.  I have yet to see anything from LIVE that compares the online experience of Resistance FOM and that was a launch title.  There is a reason you don't see 40 player or 60 player online games on LIVE.

I'm not sure about the LIVE marketplace, but the PSstore is easy as hell to use.

The moment I read "Why the PSN fails" I disagreed.

4 ≈ One

kjj4t9rdad said:
WarmachineX said:

If you want to chat with friends your statements are true, however, if you want to play games, the PSN is the better service.  I have yet to see anything from LIVE that compares the online experience of Resistance FOM and that was a launch title.  There is a reason you don't see 40 player or 60 player online games on LIVE.

I'm not sure about the LIVE marketplace, but the PSstore is easy as hell to use.

Ya, player numbers are the best indication of online experience. Im glad you understand.

Tease.

I'll never understand why sony has a free service on a loss leading console. Its like they're allergic to money or something.

Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:
Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:

This article was inspired by the N4G community.

I see. They must be vastly different from the vgc community

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler