By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 11 (2009). Resident Evil 5 and Sonic ATBK debuts.

Great for Re5, Killzone 2 is holding on semms like Europe will be where it sells the most.

Around the Network

Ill agree with Mrstickball, Single player is not good in this game, tryed it, hated it, i just played the whole game this weekend with my best friend and my oldest kid and we had a blast, co-op is really good in this game, everything is much better with person playing the second char

Now the game is not perfect and it was less fun in the second half of the game for me, like others have mentioned this is not "resident evil" while i do love the ole Resident Evil formula and i wish they go back to that in the future and i would actually be mad if capcom decides to turn resident evil into an action game but i would never call this a bad game, lots of things to love here just be sure to bring a friend =)

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

Oops Double post, sorry.

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

Very good for HotD:OK, Mario Tennis and Club Penguin, what happened with MKWii? Lack of supply?

^MKwii is also down in Ireland. I think it's shortages like in US weeks before.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network

@ Stickball

What I don't like about Resident Evil 5 So far... (Check my Gamertag 'DMeisterJ', I'm about 1/3 of the way through.)

First off, Sheva is dumb, and more than likely, I do play local co-op with someone, but that's not always possible, so in some instances, I do have to play with an AI partner which is dumb. That is huge. And the dummy wastes ammo.

Second, Tank controls. Yes, RE4 was awesome, yes it had tank controls, but it's time for things to change, and for Capcom to grow with it, mind you, I really do like the game, and Capcom is still CapGod to me, but I hate the tank controls like no other, especially when in a cutscene, they're moving with the guns, but I must be relegated to never move my gun and move at the same time.

Scaryness of the game is pretty much gone, and the game has fully embraced the action part of the game, and at least in the first 1/3 of the game, nothing is scary. Not that it's a bad game, it's fun for what it is, but there has to be a way to keep the game scary, while evolving, since the series was based on scariness.

I'm sure there will be more as time progresses, but those are the top 3 that I have.

Capgod needs to evolve the series past these tank controls. I mean, look at the growth that RPGs have had from PS1 era to this generation. We only have a few turn-based JRPGs, and lots of them are growing from that 3 vs. 3 into more epic battles (TLR), or are going very different in the fighting style (SO4) etc. etc. Capcom needs to fix RE because it's getting stale.

Wow. Is that a....... JRPG on the charts that isn't Final Fantasy. Wow. Color me impressed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's insane that Mario Kart is facing shortages in NA and PAL right now. Nintendo has serious issues. It's good to see The House of the Dead: Overkill move up, as was said.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

killzone 2 is selling great in th UK.

Brett said:
~175k in the UK for RE5 by the way...

Yeah, my rough estimates are inline with this.

In fact sales of Resident Evil 5 are slightly more than the combined sales of all the remaining All Formats Top 10 titles.

My rough estimates have the "combined sales of all the remaining All Formats Top 10 titles" at somewhere around 177k:

01 RESIDENT EVIL 5: 180k / NEW    
02 WII FIT: 34k / ????k
03 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X: 29k. / 65k   
04 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE: 24k / ???k   
05 KILLZONE 2: 19k / 175k   
06 FIFA 09 : 17k / ????k   
07 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR: 15k / ????k   
08 EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR: 14k / 62k
09 HALO WARS: 13k / 118k
10 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES: 12k / ????k 

There's a decent margin of error in these though. Applying these to the individual formats top ten we get something like:

01 XB360  RESIDENT EVIL 5: 99k / NEW
02 PS3 RESIDENT EVIL 5: 81K / NEW
03 WII WII FIT: 34K / ????K    
04 DS PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE: 24K / ???K
05 PS3 KILLZONE 2: 19k / 175k    
06 XB360 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X.: 15K / 34k
07 PS3 TOM CLANCY'S H.A.W.X.: 14K / 31k   
08 PC EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR: 14k / 62k
09 XB360 HALO WARS: 13k / 118k    
10 PS3 SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION: 12K / NEW

Once again, a decent margin of error, so should be regarded as ballpark figures. All 100% extrapolated, so multiply by .9 for ELSPA Sales Awards.

With two more weeks until ELSPA's March ends we're looking at Silver awards for both versions of RE5 (slight chance of Gold for X360 version if it doesn't see the usual 50% week 2 drop off), KZ2 probably going to just miss out on Gold Award, so should claim a Silver along with Halo Wars and both versions of SFIV. Neither versions of HAWX will get an award, and E:TW looks unlikely to either.