By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 11 (2009). Resident Evil 5 and Sonic ATBK debuts.

mrstickball said:
Since when are 86% bad games?

Review system is broken?

Around the Network

@mrstickball

GTA 4 got 98% its still a bad game for a GTA title

same with RE5.....its a bad game fore a RE title

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Just wondering, Darth and DMeisterJ, what exactly didn't you like about Resident Evil 5 once you played, and beat the game?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@mrstickball

Well lets see:

Chris controls like a truck/tank when he's actually human

sheva is a nuisance & gets in my way all the time

sheva wastes ammo

It isn't "resident evil"

_____

I got that from the demo itself!

Oh, so you never bothered playing the actual full game? Or with a friend in co-op?

Around the Network

@darth
The first 3 of your 4 complaints can be solved easily

Hey Brett do you have the numbers for Sonic and the Black Knight.

@mrstickball

no

why should I buy the game when I hated the demo...?

seriously that wouldn't be very wise.....especially considering I loathe the franchise since RE4

RE4 was for me what FF12 was to many Hardcore FF fans

darthdevidem01 said:
It isn't "resident evil"

The game lacks of atmosphere. One of the best things about the RE series are the sounds, the camera shots, the lightning, the little things that made it special and generates tension on the game. RE 5 has nothing, just a bunch of guys in front of you..... shoot them.

The chracters were great, even in the super cliché RE for PS1 they had emphaty and it was great to play with them. In RE 5 all the charisma on Chris Redfield was focused on his arms and neck, he's now a generic buffed hero. The gameplay had a lot of influence from the Outbreak series, it's ok.

Honestly is a "good" game, but it's not Resident Evil, Capcom could've used Captain Commando, Viper or even the M16 guys and the final result'd have been the same.  Plus they miss a huge oportunity on the story by the initial "shocking moment"

...Because the demo wasn't indicative of the full game?

I'm having a great time playing co-op with my finacee. That eliminated 1/2 of your issues. Furthermore, the game is something called 'fun'. You may forget that it's a critical part of a game, but review scores aren't indicative of 'fun' which may be the reason the Wii is hammering the PS3 in terms of software, despite worse review ratings.

Weapon upgrades, inventory management, co-op gameplay, plot & pacing are all very good, and is one of the most visually-appealing game I've seen in awhile. I am enjoying the game more than Gears of War 2, so I think that the rating is not indicative of what the game fully brings to the table. Not everyone will think it's great, but if we went only by demos, then half the games out there wouldn't be purchased.