By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 11 (2009). Resident Evil 5 and Sonic ATBK debuts.

Good news for HOTD, and quite surprised for the 360 version of Resident Evil ouselling the Ps3 version. Is LBP saying goodbye to the list?

Around the Network

Chart-Track's news (on the All-Formats Chart) :

‘Resident Evil 5’ blasts to the top of the All Formats Chart, becoming the fastest selling game in the franchise and Capcom’s biggest ever launch.

The game that defined the survival horror genre when released on the original Playstation in 1996 is now more popular than ever, but it is the franchise’s debut on Microsoft’s format, which claims 55% of sales while PS3 accounts for 45%. ‘Resident Evil 5’ is the largest All Formats No1 since Call of Duty: World at War’s second week back in week 47 2008. It manages to surpass FIFA 09’s Christmas No1 week and represents 27.1% of all revenue from console games this week. In fact sales of Resident Evil 5 are slightly more than the combined sales of all the remaining All Formats Top 10 titles. As ‘Resident Evil 4’ had a staggered launch over 2 years across Gamecube, then PS2, then Wii and finally PC, it is hard to compare. However, RE5 on PS3 has outsold RE4’s PS2 launch week by 3.22 to 1. Last week’s No1 ‘Empire: Total War’ drops 7 places to No8 (sales down 70%), but Sega’s other Top 10 title ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’ benefits from a retailer promotion, jumping 7 places to No10.

All other Top 10 titles lose sales, including ‘Wii Fit’ at No2 and Ubisoft’s ‘Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.’ at No3, both up 1 place, but sales falling by 14% and 19% respectively. ‘Professor Layton’ makes the most of the downturn in recent releases such as ‘Killzone 2’ and ‘Halo Wars’, jumping 2 places to No4 despite a 20% drop in sales. ‘Killzone 2’ (-53%) slips 3 places to No5, staying ahead of last year’s blockbusters ‘FIFA 09’ (-12%) at No6 and ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-12%) at No7. ‘Halo Wars’ suffers a 60% drop in sales, but clings on to the All Formats Top 10 at No9, ahead of the next highest new entry this week, Sony’s PS3 ‘Socom: Confrontation’, new at No11.

Personaly impressed that "Persona 4" made into the individual chart (place 38). I thought it would join the long list of overlooked niche jewel.

And not a bad debut for "Sonic and the Black Knight" (place 21). Position wise, it has a better start than "Sonic Unleashed". (Yet, it doesn't say much about the units sold...)

GianCarmen said:
HOTD went from 24 to 20, thats good news. Lots of DS and Wii games in the top 40. 19 games are Nintendo games.

Not to mention the fact that it sold more than Sonic in its opening week. Its doing pretty well

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

True, Mega, but Sonic may have long legs. I do think that it is safe to say that HOtD is a moderate success.

@brett

thank you!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

excellent figures for nintendo

res 5 sales are proving that bad games can sell with a lot of hype!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Brett said:
~175k in the UK for RE5 by the way...

Both versions? That's not much.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Neos said:
excellent figures for nintendo

lol THIS is the truth

but you may get banned for saying that neos!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Since when are 86% bad games?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Neos said:

I just finished "Chris of War: African Adventure" this weekend,  quite good game but ..... wait.