By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first game to BLOW YOUR MIND?

Resident Evil Remake pulled me in faster than most franchises have.

Around the Network

Hard to say.... either....

X-Wing
Duke Nukem 3D
Doom, Wolfenstein 3D
Super Mario Bros.
Red Baron

but I definitely remember playing Super C from friend's console (went Sega that gen) and was like whoa look at those graphics could it get any better?

There must have been a couple before that, but Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots blew me away. I had just got into console gaming. I knew little about the game and wasn't hyped at all before I bought the game. Recently Killzone 2 blew my mind the same way. This time I was pretty hyped, but it surpassed all expectations.

I'll add Pokemon Gold, Oblivion, GTA Vice City and Medieval II Total War to the list of landmarks.

super mario 64

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

super mario 64. the first time i ever felt so free playing a game.

Around the Network

what??? games don't do that.... o0o ur mind??? oh ok ok, well... i has to be Super Mario Bros. I mean i was playing atari since i was like 3 or 4.... and then I played Mario when i was like 4/5 and i was like :O

Breath of Fire III was the first game that really got me to put a ton of hours into playing.

I just couldn't get away from the game, every time I came home from school, I automatically popped that in until it was time for dinner.

A lot of moments were amazing for me. Of course, back then I was just getting into gaming, I was in Junior High.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

the first one was Final Fantasy 7

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Zelda: A Link to The Past, while the first 2 were good, it was this one that I was completely amazed by.

Dragon's Lair in the arcade...

For the consoles the original Tomb Raider.

It was when I looked down into where I had to go in the level St. Francis’ Folly. Mind blowing moment!