By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first game to BLOW YOUR MIND?

For me, it was Doom and Wolfenstein 3D too. Such great games..

Around the Network

Phantasy Star 2 - I would have been happy to die after playing that game. It was 16-bit awesomeness. The sci-fi RPG experience was awesome.

Phantasy Star Online - This 1upped it. Stepping into an online lobby and then joining a team in battle blew my mind. The first time I saw other players battle along side me in real time, I wet myself. This game was perfection.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Hmm there's not been much to blow my mind, but two that stand out on the "WHOA!" factor are The 7th Guest and Eternal Darkness. Creepiness sells =)

Resident Evil, tomb raider, MGS and FFvii are blew my mind at the time. these were the first games that went beyond fun and became my world until they were finished. Ive had quite a few since.

*Dam i forgot Elite, the reason i started playing games

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

this was the first game i thought of, Barnstorming. It was friggin awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ZOqZQrbXU

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Super metroid

no huge moment but small-huge ones :), from time to time..

space harrier.. commodore 64

wolfenstein 3D, quake.. PC

sonic the hedgehog.. genesis

mario 64- N64

VF2- saturn

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

The Legend of Zelda...

played it during a summer.... then had my parents buy me a NES.... and played Zelda, and Zelda, and Zelda some more.... that is probably the game in which I clocked the most hours (well World of Warcraft might disagree on this...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

NiKKoM said:
Sardauk said:

The first game that REALLY did it was: Rebel Assault on PC.

I was already playing game for years but this was my first game on CD (with video, epic music, voices !)... incredible...

I second this! Amazing game for that time..

graphics over gameplay.. but that didn't matter..

... and the control was so ... crap .

I remember re-calibrating my joystick every 5 minutes....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

It wasn't until I first played Final Fantasy VI that a game completely sucked me in and had me actually care about the story's characters.

Even though I wasn't heavily into RPG's like I am today, that was the game that propelled me into the JRPG obsession I have today.

So I would have to go with that one.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!