By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first game to BLOW YOUR MIND?

MGS1
GTA3 and vice city and SA

Play Me

Around the Network

GTA3 that was another landmark acheivement that was nothing like ive seen before.... VC and SA were koo but GTA3 was the real inovation of the series.

The very first game i played on my ps1 was FF VII, that made an impact... only being familiar with Mariokart and some old pc games like PoP, Larry, Civ, Digger, C&C, 7th guest and 11th hour...
I know lots of people tend to dislike FF7, for whatever strange reasons, it was my very very first jrpg and boy did i like it.

Wing Commander, definitely Wing Commander. To have the results of my missions determine where I'd go next was amazing!

I'd say Final Fantasy VII, before that game I always skipped through cut scenes or never cared about the story, I just wanted to play a game. After FFVII I became really big on the story of games, and I have to watch every cut scene now.

FFVII was the perfect game, the best story line, the best villian, the best hero, the best gameplay and also well over a hundred hours of gameplay, it had happy moments, sad moments, angry moments, exciting moments, this game really played with your emotions.

Around the Network

I would have to say Links Awakening for the same reason the other guy said. Plus, it was really sad whenever I found out that all the people in the game would cease to exist when I finished it.

After many years of playing pc games and not really liking much of what I had played on NES or Genesis, FFIII (VI) on SNES really gave me a real appreciation for console games, and I played it almost every hour of the weekend that I bought it in 1994 when I was supposed to be studying pre-med classes. I never made a doctor, but I still love Japanese console games.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Actually, when I was a kid, every game absorbed me into their world because I had never seen anything like them before. Most families I knew didn't have a computer, so even pixellated bitmap images were something I had never seen in my life.

Some of the first games I played included, TMNT on the NES, and Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2, and each one created a vivid amazing world for me unlike anything I had ever seen before.

They blew my mind.

The last game to really do that for me was Half Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2. Also Eternal Darkness, Killer 7, and yeah, even Mario Galaxy.

My mind was blown on several occasions. In reverse order:

Braid (Xbox 360)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Wii Sports (Wii)
Gears of War (Xbox 360)
Feel The Magic (Nintendo DS)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (Playstation 2)
Metal Gear Solid (Sony Playstation)
Final Fantasy Vll (Sony Playstation)
Resident Evil (Sony Playstation)
Wave Race (Nintendo 64)
Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
Chrono Trigger (Super Nes)
Donkey Kong Country (Super Nes)
Starfox (Super Nes)
Mario Kart (Super Nes)
F-zero (Super Nes)
Gargoyle's Quest (Gameboy)

Everything else was somewhat what I'd expected them to be.

*edit*  Toss Shenmue and Seaman for the Dreamcast into that mix too.  Awesome titles!

oh yea and shenmue for the DC.. that was bleeding gorgeous for its time

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business