By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Medal of Honor Heroes for the Wii. Anyone else looking forward?

I want that pistol attachment...

The official Zapper itself limits motion control, because it hooks the Wiimote and nunchuck together. There's much more complex and useful techniques you can do when the controllers are separate.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Also, I don't how this game will turn out...I'm going to wait and see.

32 players online sounds cool, but will it be too laggy? And will the controls really be that good? And the graphics? At least ok? I'm waiting.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

chuckd said:
Astrodust said:

What I want is to be able to shoot a target without an onscreen reticule. I want to use the sights of my gun or wiimote. Let's see if these calibrations that EA has put in place will do the trick.

You want a light gun, not a wiimote. What you wish for is not possible.

Mine lines up pretty well, but I agree Chuckd.  Even the new Time Crisis uses triangulation instead of a light gun, because they don't work in progressive scan or on lcd's.

EDIT: @BenK: You know the easy to use Wii mote isn't just for ease of play, it's to make FPS/Shooters easier for third parties to develop for...  EA Management doesn't like having to think outside the box (or taking the risk that goes along with it), their games are usually feature rich and fairly solid though.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

chuckd said:
Astrodust said:

What I want is to be able to shoot a target without an onscreen reticule. I want to use the sights of my gun or wiimote. Let's see if these calibrations that EA has put in place will do the trick.

You want a light gun, not a wiimote. What you wish for is not possible.

Not impossible.  If (at the start screen of a game) you were presented with a six-step calibration similar to touch screen calibration, you could mimic a light gun.

Shoot at a target in each of the four corners of the screen (while looking through the "sights" of your Wii remote); then at the center; and then a general test to see if you like the results.

Not too hard.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

cringer8 said:

Not too hard.

And still mostly useless for these games. You use the remote to turn, not to point.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

I'm looking forward to this game i like the way the controls are implemented like pumping up the shotgun to reload and the way you use the bazooka, sounds fun

As far as the zapper is concerned, someone needs to make a 3rd party wiimote. Shaped like a gun, with a pistol grip. Put the A button as the trigger. B, 1 and 2 buttons on the handle, accessible with the middle, ring and pinky fingers. Place the d-pad on the back, accessible by the thumb. Finally, put home, power and +/- on the top. I'd pay $50!

Also, all games should allow all of the buttons to remap!

finally EA puttin effort into the wii... kinda shocked to be honest, thought it was gonna come out looking like a psp game. this might make its way up to wish list now, 32 players online sounds so cool to me especially since i'm not too big on online play

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

I love the part of the preview about gesture control with the weapons...

Pump motion with the Nunchuck to charge the shotgun !!!!

Adding this game on my must buy !!!

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Added !!!

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft