By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Medal of Honor Heroes for the Wii. Anyone else looking forward?

It seems ok...I wanna buy it for the 32 player online and because it has gr8 wii controls according to ign and they said it had decent graphics... but they also said itz smoke effects weren't as good as Call of Duty 3 which was a wii launch game. Also the campaign being only 8 missions seems short, I don't kno how long Medal of Honour missions usually are but 8 still seems like too few. However i liek the arcade mode as well... thatt seems pretty kool... i'm on the fence with this 1...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
cringer8 said:
chuckd said:
Astrodust said:

What I want is to be able to shoot a target without an onscreen reticule. I want to use the sights of my gun or wiimote. Let's see if these calibrations that EA has put in place will do the trick.

You want a light gun, not a wiimote. What you wish for is not possible.

Not impossible. If (at the start screen of a game) you were presented with a six-step calibration similar to touch screen calibration, you could mimic a light gun.

Shoot at a target in each of the four corners of the screen (while looking through the "sights" of your Wii remote); then at the center; and then a general test to see if you like the results.

Not too hard.

Your scheme breaks down as soon as the Wiimote is held closer or further away from the screen than it was at calibration. Whenever the player gets excited, he'll start holding the Wiimote closer to the screen and his accuracy will drop as the angle to the sensor bar shifts. That would kill the fun pretty fast.

A true light gun doesn't care how close it gets to the screen.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I've had this game on my radar for at least two months. it's good to see an actual preview for it. I'm estatic that the game is previewed well considering EA's rep.

I'll definately be renting it first, however, if the multiplayer is outstanding with very little lag you can bet you ass I'll be buying it.

If the graphics are good (it' an FPS after all) I'll buy it.

Ishy said:
It seems ok...I wanna buy it for the 32 player online and because it has gr8 wii controls according to ign and they said it had decent graphics... but they also said itz smoke effects weren't as good as Call of Duty 3 which was a wii launch game. Also the campaign being only 8 missions seems short, I don't kno how long Medal of Honour missions usually are but 8 still seems like too few. However i liek the arcade mode as well... thatt seems pretty kool... i'm on the fence with this 1...

I think an 8 hour game is fine when it includes multiplayer. Multiplayer adds so much replay value to a game. Add in the fact that you are running around with a zapper or gun of your choice and I think we will see a hit. Games that don't have multiplayer, like Metroid and Bioshock, should be at least 20 hours if they want my money. 32 players online is fairly ambitious. I hope they pull it off. The graphics are good enough for me. Just no lag please.

Around the Network

I'm inclined to agree, Astrodust. While it would be nice to get a game that has the best of both worlds, it's better for the developer to focus on either the single-player or multi-player aspect, rather than have both aspects suffer by trying to compromise.

They probably couldn't beat CoD for a WWII single-player campaign anyway.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

EA have done some research for improving the wii mote + nunchuck controls. There is an options menu dedicated for the wimote sensitivity and setting your own deadzone. and with 32 player online we might have a very interesting game from EA.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>