By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GIVES LAIR A 4.9

twesterm said:
shams said:
johnsobas said:
that's like trusting the 5/10 that Sony Defense Force gave Bioshock.

Have the SDF reviewed LAIR yet?

Any bets on whether it gets a 9 or 10?

I'm going to bet they give it a 12.

and out of 5, no less.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
kber81 said:
twesterm said:

Way to move the argument to the Wii there buddy. Since opinion matters in console quality I suppose the PS3 only has crap games and isn't going to get any even near quality until mid 2009.

And I thought that list of worse games was for all console and got confused how this game rated lower than Bomberman Zero. :-p

BTW: Take a look on my sig - none of Wii games can face this line... Which title would you put against?

I'm not your buddy!? Why do you got to be sippin' on some hatorade like that yo?

Heavenly Sword
Easy-- Dragonblade. I imagine both will score pretty similar and both are god of War knockoffs.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Fuck i don't know, I've only played Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden II and haven't paid much attention to the series beyond that. Is that just a classic beat em up? I'm sorry there isn't a Wii game like Ninja Gaiden. We'll just put Super Smash Bros. Brawl to fill Ninja Gaiden's spot.

Virtua Fighter 5
Wii is getting Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with exclusive online which is pretty fair. While DBZ may not be your thing, I hate Virtua Fighter. It's one of those opinions thing but works nicely for camparing games on your sig.

Resistance: Fall of Man
I'm sorry but this game is crap. It's a decent launch game but it was very rushed and easy to break. Try just running through a level and ignore the bad AI. You'll miss triggers and walk up on enemies standing there because they haven't been turned on yet (though they still render for some odd reason). how about we put Metroid Prime 3 in place of this since they're both shooters (don't give me the adventure crap :-p).

Warhawk
I don't think there are any decent Wii flight sims out there (not to my knowledge yet) and especially online only ones. How about we sy this one compares to Mario Strikers Charged. Sure, Strikers actually has single player but you play it for multiplayer.

Well there you go, an answer for every game in your sig. What do you have for an answer for these games coming out this year:
Dewey's Adventure
Zach and Wiki
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Guilty Gear XX
My Sims
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Brothers in Arms: Double Time
NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams
Ninja Breadman (how can you not love this?)
Puzzle Quest
Naruto clash of the Ninja Revolution
Guitar Hero III with exlusive features
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Battalion Wars

Bad AI in Resistance, you are an idiot, it has AI that compares with Epic's AI in Gears and UT 2004. And your not supposed to run through levels as you miss a ton of crap like better weapons, the ability to unlock the secret stuff, and its no fun.

My list of who needs to be banned:

1. AllAll
2. Starcraft
3. gebx

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sorry twesterm, we're going to have to ban you for expressing your negative opinion about those games in a no-trolling way.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

wow, five pages. Too bad more people don't post when there are positive reviews for certain games.

twesterm said:
vizunary said:
anyone here actually play it yet? many users at ps3forums and ps3fanboy have enjoyed the game just fine. i'll give my own review after i play it.

Sorry to go off topic a little Shams, but Vizunary, that's like trusting a review for Carnival Games from Wiifanatic.com.org.

that's not entirely fair twestern, if i honestly DO NOT LIKE a game i wouldn't purposefully mislead people into buying it. that's f&cked up, though i guess some would. where else would you go to look for the largest portion of gamers that have already picked it up? again, i was mainly asking if anyone here actually played it yet?

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
twesterm said:
shams said:
johnsobas said:
that's like trusting the 5/10 that Sony Defense Force gave Bioshock.

Have the SDF reviewed LAIR yet?

Any bets on whether it gets a 9 or 10?

I'm going to bet they give it a 12.

and out of 5, no less.

using hex.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

vizunary said:
twesterm said:
vizunary said:
anyone here actually play it yet? many users at ps3forums and ps3fanboy have enjoyed the game just fine. i'll give my own review after i play it.

Sorry to go off topic a little Shams, but Vizunary, that's like trusting a review for Carnival Games from Wiifanatic.com.org.

that's not entirely fair twestern, if i honestly DO NOT LIKE a game i wouldn't purposefully mislead people into buying it. that's f&cked up, though i guess some would. where else would you go to look for the largest portion of gamers that have already picked it up? again, i was mainly asking if anyone here actually played it yet?

1. The thing is people can convince themselves that they are having fun when they really aren't.

2. This is the internet. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if many of these people are claiming it has an outstanding story when they are nowhere near half way through.

3. Some people have awful taste in games and think the biggest pieces of shit are fun.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

vizunary said:
twesterm said:
vizunary said:

Why not?  People will defend a lot of things they don't like in order to avoid buyer's remorse.  This becomes more and more true the more expensive the object in question is.

Lighten up, vizunary has a point. It might be best to hear from some people on this site who rent or buy it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The real question is...

60$ for an average or below average game (Lair)

or..

60$ for a solid but pretty short game (heavenly sword, only 6 hours, not great reviews)

or..

40$ for a good game with plenty of replay value like Warhawk?

Seems like an easy choice for me.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"