Diomedes1976 said:
And just to end this discussion here you have Lair ratings from the mags

IGN.com 08/30/07 4.9 /10 4.9
GameZone Online 08/30/07 7.5 /10 7.5
GameDaily 08/30/07 3 /5 6.0
PSM 08/24/07 5 /10 5.0
Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) 07/30/07 6 /10 6.0
Play Magazine 07/29/07 9 /10 9.0

And the average from the users in IGN own website is 6.60 with some 200 people voting .

So ,this game may not be a killer app or anything but IGn has scored it the lowest possible and 1.7 points less than the average user would .That reinforces my idea that the reviewer just got frustrated with the game .But as you will see after HS this is the second high profile game where the IGN score is the lower out there .And that was what I was speaking about .

PSM gave Lair a 5, essentially what IGN gave it.  EGM and Gamedaily gave it a 6 which isn't that much better than a 5.  Play gave it a 9 but they hand out 9's and 10's like candy to odd games.   I've never heard of Gamezone.  So yeah 4 of those reviews, incidentally the 4 reliable ones, basically agree with each other.

To be fair to the IGN reviewer, he, as IGN reviews almost always do, gave reasons in the review that justify his score.  Not to say you have to or will agree with them but it's not like other recent games (*cough* Metroid Prime 3 *cough*) where the review was contradictory with out of place comparisons and complaints that weren't also levelled at other similar games that in the end didn't justify the score.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,statistic discussion is too long .If I say that GRAW 2 is identical to the 360 version is because IGN own review says so so they should give the same award .Plus ,the online is the same so no reason to bring the score down .

Just to point out the obvious - Maybe IGN 360 has biased reviewers who gave GRAW 2 a higher score than it deserved, meaning IGN PS3 gave the game the proper score.

And just so you know, if you ever mention IGN giving a good score to a PS3 game then this thread is going to come back to haunt you in a big way.

EDIT; the jet engine shinden kai is cooler are more similar to the warhawks

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

anyone here actually play it yet? many users at ps3forums and ps3fanboy have enjoyed the game just fine. i'll give my own review after i play it.

Chill out everyone :)

Lets keep this thread on the IGN review of LAIR - it (the thread) was doing really well.

@Diomedes: I give IGN a lot of cred really. IMO if the controls for a game - regardless of how good the rest of it is - are BROKEN - it basically deserves a zero. It becomes impossible and unfun to play. And there is nothing worse that a game can do. So I think IGN are actually being fairer on the game - and saying "Don't deliver crap" to Sony in a strong + positive way.

I had the same feeling with Rogue Squadron II (whatever the 2nd one on the GC was anyway). It looked great, and I was definitely going to buy it. Then I got a chance to PLAY it at a demo station.

Oh my God...

I still remember my reaction (one of the speeder bike/canyon parts). The game was BROKEN. It SUCKED. The controls were horrible, and it was one of the most unfun experiences I have ever had. Instant turn off.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

vizunary said:
anyone here actually play it yet? many users at ps3forums and ps3fanboy have enjoyed the game just fine. i'll give my own review after i play it.

Sorry to go off topic a little Shams, but Vizunary, that's like trusting a review for Carnival Games from Wiifanatic.com.org.

Around the Network

that's like trusting the 5/10 that Sony Defense Force gave Bioshock.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

BTW, GameBrink gave LAIR a 40%:

http://gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=804234

So IGN aren't even the lowest score.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

johnsobas said:

Have the SDF reviewed LAIR yet?

Any bets on whether it gets a 9 or 10?

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

shams said:
johnsobas said:

Have the SDF reviewed LAIR yet?

Any bets on whether it gets a 9 or 10?

I'm going to bet they give it a 12.

leo-j said:
Im waiting for gametrailers, if they gave the game an 8.0 or higher, Im going to say ign is biased.

You would have no basis in fact for that... but that's fine.

Despite what people say statistics NEVER lie.  They always give you an accurate representation of the situation.  The only way people get confused is when people think a statistic is measuring something it isn't.

This isn't the case here however and the gamerankings averages are good signs of bias.