By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 30k and counting!

Dolla Dolla said:
Thanks for clearing that up, leo. Your reassurance that it is the best multiplayer game puts my soul at ease.

No dolla, its not my reassurance, its the reviewers.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Warhawk isnt going to sell well... Not all ps3 owners have online. This may max it out at 800k by year's end unfortunately, then maybe go up slowly afterwards. Im getting it,

@dolla dolla

Its the best multiplayer game

Holy Crap Leo-J!!

I think this is the second time where I actually agree with one of your post!!

Warhawk does look interesting.. and it would be the first game I would get if I had a PS3. But I can't spend $499 for a single online game.

Edit:

@Rocketpig - I think Counter Strike was the most succesful Multiplayer game ever... I'm sure it sold a few copies

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Thanks for clearing that up, leo. Your reassurance that it is the best multiplayer game puts my soul at ease.

It's scores don't rival that of past Halo's, and I doubt Halo 3 will score lower than Warhawk.

On topic: Does anyone have guesses for first week sales? I'd give it 75k.

@gebx

no-one is telling you to spend $499 for JUST for an online game

ye know there is something called GT 5, MGS4 n FF13 also Uncharted on the PS3

It's so annoying when people say things like this...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I'd put the 1st week figures at

& then a steady 10K - 15K increase every week

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
ceres said:
JeffLee said:
Machina-AX said:
'34878 have logged on'

would someone logging on, logging out, then logging back on again, count as 1 or 2?

Hopefully my copy gets shipped the day before the UK release so I get it on the 14th, but I doubt it.

No, it's 34k seperate accounts. which should be fairly indictive of sales since 1). psn versions cannot log on to multiple accounts within 24 hours. 2). it's too early in the games life for stats whores to start multi accounting with the bluray.

Huh? My boyfriend and I each have an account on our system. We've got SSHD and before I made my account, I played it on his so he's on the leaderboard along with myself. We only need one version of Warhawk to both play it and both get on the leaderboard.

SSHD?

anyway, im talking about the psn version. sony set it so that only one account within a 24 hour period can log on to the same copy of the game. it was made that way to keep people form gamesharing. the bluray version can, of course, be used on any account but the psn version cannot unless they changed something over the last 24 hours.

Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:

It's scores don't rival that of past Halo's, and I doubt Halo 3 will score lower than Warhawk.

On topic: Does anyone have guesses for first week sales? I'd give it 75k.

I don't know. There is a lot of personal opinion involved, but do you think Halo 2 deserved an almost perfect rating (IGN gave it a 9.8)? But alas, that's a whole different beast of a discussion and as a good PS3 game at the end of a PS3 drought, this is good news. 

They do need to get a couple of things worked out though that seemed to have been carried over from the beta. 

IllegalPaladin said:

I don't know. There is a lot of personal opinion involved, but do you think Halo 2 deserved an almost perfect rating (IGN gave it a 9.8)? But alas, that's a whole different beast of a discussion and as a good PS3 game at the end of a PS3 drought, this is good news.

They do need to get a couple of things worked out though that seemed to have been carried over from the beta.

I'm actually not much of a Halo person. I only ever played it with a friend on multiplayer. The only reason I was arguing with leo is because he made it sound matter of fact that Warhawk was the best multiplayer game, hands down. His defense wasn't strong either, since reviewers seem to enjoy the Halo experience more. Actually, Warhawk looks way funner to me, but I would not go out on a limb and say it was the best.

This reminds me of how upset I am that my sister's boyfriend has no interest in Warhawk He's the only person I know with a PS3.

the leaderboard isn't an accurate total because it only count people who have played in ranked games. if you havn't played on a ranked server your stats wont be on the leaderboard cause you dont have any yet.

rocketpig said:

Which is right around what I always thought it would sell.

Online-only games are not system-sellers. Period. End of story. Name me ONE online-only game that has not only succeeded but thrived in the gaming market. Shit, name me one that just succeeded, much less thrived, excluding MMOs (of course).

Tribes 2!!

and how many console games have even been online only?  discounted pricing for downloadable version?  this

game is breaking new ground and is getting a lot of good word of mouth