By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 30k and counting!

Just was checking the leader boards on Warhawk and so far 34878 have logged on for a match. Not extreamly impressive, but we will see how it goes for the rest of the week. This is just a roughf estimate of how many people have bought it as some may not have taken the game online, and it is also EU and American numbers. Anyways I will try to do an update once a day on how many copies have went online. If everyone else is having as much fun as I am we should get quite a few sales on word of mouth, because this game is hands down the best Multi player game on console right now.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

It would only count as one as I am looking at the leared boards to get the info. So currently their are 34878 that have played a game.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Machina-AX said:
'34878 have logged on'

would someone logging on, logging out, then logging back on again, count as 1 or 2?

Hopefully my copy gets shipped the day before the UK release so I get it on the 14th, but I doubt it.

No, it's 34k seperate accounts. which should be fairly indictive of sales since 1). psn versions cannot log on to multiple accounts within 24 hours. 2). it's too early in the games life for stats whores to start multi accounting with the bluray.

wasn't the uk psn warhawk only released today with the bluray to follow? form what i saw of the american stats, it looks like alot of people waited for the bluray. i got my BR copy at 1pm eastern and logged on to 10k accounts, when i went to bed it had jumped up to 24k... so im guessing we'll have around 50k sales by the time stores close on the pacific coast, since this is the first full day of sales.

Now vgchartz can track warhawk sales.

mM

funny, between 21:19 and my post at 21:46, the leaderboard registered another 300 accounts. not bad.

Around the Network

lol

it is funny to see that warhawk may push more console sales that everyone was expecting ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
lol

it is funny to see that warhawk may push more console sales that everyone was expecting ...

30k units opening day between the two largest markets in the world is not very impressive.

The game does look intriguing, though. I might have to check it out before Halo 3 swallows my soul for two months.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
libellule said:
lol

30k units opening day between the two largest markets in the world is not very impressive.

The game does look intriguing, though. I might have to check it out before Halo 3 swallows my soul for two months.

many might not have logged in yet, there is lan play. I played lan for an hour today just refreshing myself with the controls.

So mattering if players are playing on lan only to learn controls or their copies havent arrived yet (shipping can take a few days) then those numbers should double very soon, then double again.

Plus the fact that the PS Store normally updates on Thursdays so anyone out of the whole Warhawk releasing Wednesday in stores or downloadable Tuesday will make it so that more people play Thursday. 

But atleast VGCharts can track players efficiently for this download.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think Warhawk will sell pretty well right off the bat, but long term it'll be a mainstay of the PS3. Even more so then Gears of War, Warhawk has less competition and the concentration on online play (free on PS3 by the way) might bring over a lot of FPS gamers.

Its a great thing for the PS3, that the game wasn't delayed because any later and it would have been greatly over shadowed by Halo 3 and CoD4.

Lifetime sales should be in the 2+ Million Range for the game to be a true success, I think it should get there in the long run.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

darkfire001 said:
Lifetime sales should be in the 2+ Million Range for the game to be a true success, I think it should get there in the long run.

That is REALLY optimistic. I don't think Warhawk will even come close to 2m sales. That's unheard of for an online-only game. Shit, Gears has only sold around 4.5m with over twice the userbase and a massive following.

I predict ~500k for Warhawk.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/