By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 30k and counting!

Its a standard leaderboard. So if you play once you get logged.

At least I think.

Ex. SSHD has over 60k on the leaderboards. That number stays after a day.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
rocketpig said:
carlos710 said:
Actually, 35k sounds pretty bad for an "AAA" game and a "system seller".

I would be surprised if this game does over 500k now.

Which is right around what I always thought it would sell.

Online-only games are not system-sellers. Period. End of story. Name me ONE online-only game that has not only succeeded but thrived in the gaming market. Shit, name me one that just succeeded, much less thrived.

According to sony fans this is a "system seller". Hell, according to them all Lair, heavenly sword, and plenty of other games are system sellers, which is laughable at best.

500k or less sounds right for this game. Not 2 million+ like they are predicting.

ive read people saying that about warhawk but not about the other two you mentioned.... im just glad to see that the drought for the ps3 is finally over... i might just go pickup warhawk today...im having serious 2nd thoughts on lair.. i think im gonna take dolla dolla;s advice....

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

If the online leaderboards are around 35k, that's pretty poor really. Retail sales will be quite low indeed  (most people would download/buy online...?).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

outlawauron said:
Its a standard leaderboard. So if you play once you get logged.

At least I think.

Ex. SSHD has over 60k on the leaderboards. That number stays after a day.

Ok, if it's a leader board, then I guess it will only count unique connections. Thanks for the info. Whoever plays Warhawk, keep an eye on the leaderboard and update us daily or when it hits milestones (i.e., 50k, 75k, 100k, etc)

not too bad, after a week we'll have a better idea. i'll be getting mine soon =)

Around the Network

Shams and others. I played about 5 games last night and for some reason I do not show up on the leaderboards at all. There has been reported a problem with the stats tracking for many people and they pushed out a fix for that last night.

Although the game has been released via PSN on the 28th, most stores didn't have it until yesterday afternoon and today. So the 1 day that a poster above was talking about was for the blu ray disc version. I know that many more will wait for the disc instead of downloading it, and many for the reason I did. So I could get the headset, and so they would have an actual disc so they can play the game on all the sub accounts on the system as well. Once word got out on that, many people decided to wait to buy the disc.

Also, many people haven't logged in yet today because they are at work, or could not find a disc until today and will log in once they get off work. This weekend will be a better judge on how many people are on the leaderboards.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I know my best buy didnt get it yesterday, but i picked it up at CC........not everyones stats are tracking........this will have legs, it wasnt hyped or really advertised much...this game will sell on its quality in the long run, not to mention the fact that its online only and th ePS3 online userbase is only a fraction of PS3 owners.....gotta put things into perspective, this game is great and will probably sell steadily over time.

Bonafide732 said:
carlos710 said:
rocketpig said:
carlos710 said:
Actually, 35k sounds pretty bad for an "AAA" game and a "system seller".

I would be surprised if this game does over 500k now.

Which is right around what I always thought it would sell.

Online-only games are not system-sellers. Period. End of story. Name me ONE online-only game that has not only succeeded but thrived in the gaming market. Shit, name me one that just succeeded, much less thrived.

According to sony fans this is a "system seller". Hell, according to them all Lair, heavenly sword, and plenty of other games are system sellers, which is laughable at best.

500k or less sounds right for this game. Not 2 million+ like they are predicting.

ive read people saying that about warhawk but not about the other two you mentioned.... im just glad to see that the drought for the ps3 is finally over... i might just go pickup warhawk today...im having serious 2nd thoughts on lair.. i think im gonna take dolla dolla;s advice....

You must not have been paying attention to a lot of the post around here, especially from the more fanatical PS3 fans.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Im pickin it up later this week. Update on the leaderboards??

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kamil said:
... so im guessing we'll have around 50k sales by the time stores close on the pacific coast, since this is the first full day of sales.

Other days weren't full? Warhawk was released 28th, and today it is its 3rd day (in Japan and USA online, and in USA on Blue-Ray). And today the game was released also in Europe.
So 35k isn't very good, I thought it would sell better. But it's true that some people ordered the game and didn't get it yet, some maybe didn't have time to log in yet. So it sold more than 35k but still the figure isn't very impresive.

warhawk did not release on the 28th for anything but the PSN. it hit store shelves yesterday around midday. my local EB got them in at noon, i was there for 1:30pm and they still hadn't made it to the shelves, my preorder was pulled directly from the shipping box. so it's only the second day on shelves and the first day that you can walk in at any time and pick it up. besides, it released 2 days before people normally get their paychecks, i imagine it will bounce up tommorow as people go in to pick it up for their weekend. 35k was also the figure for this afternoon, not the day. sotres still have 4 more hours befor ethye close on the pacific coast. i'll post the eladerboard before i head off to bed as i am likely to be playing warhawk till the wee hours in the morning.