By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Madworld review..

And people dare to say they dont care about reviews when we have a thread for predictions of a review score by some gaming site. Duh.

OT: if they said it's their goty contender then it's definitely 9.0+

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Procrastinato said:

My call: 8.0 -- too short, little replay value. Same thing they gave Heavenly Sword, and for the same reason.

8.0 tops, actually, since they tend to knock Wii games just for being SD.

IGN gave Heavenly Sword a 7.0, and not just because it was short.

Inevitably, everything in that genre gets compared to God of War...

Hmm you're right.  I could swear it was 8.0, but I just looked and its 7.0.  HS was better than 7.0, in my book, I guess I painted my own picture, after calling BS on IGN or something.

I kinda think Madworld will score higher than 7.0, if its gameplay is at all decent.  I think it'll sell like crap, but I feel confident it'll score at least 7.5, and probably closer to 8.0.

I don't give a shit about IGN. Long Live Next Generation

On Topic:  They will probably give it something between a 8-9.

super_etecoon said:
man...this thread title tricks me every time.

-1 for paperdiego.

)= 

sorry didnt mean to make the title turn out the wat it did.

to bad we cant edit titles.

hello how are you.

Kantor said:
Procrastinato said:

My call: 8.0 -- too short, little replay value. Same thing they gave Heavenly Sword, and for the same reason.

so true.

i never beat HS but i played through parts with a buddy of mine and it seemed much better than God of war.

.. at least in my book.

way better than a 7.0

hello how are you.

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
Kantor said:
Procrastinato said:

so true.

i never beat HS but i played through parts with a buddy of mine and it seemed much better than God of war.

.. at least in my book.

way better than a 7.0

How is Heavenly Sword better than God of War in any way? You have 500 enemies surrounding you at any given time, strafing around like idiots, Nariko fights like she has a metal rod down her back, the story is pathetic, and the game is some six hours long. Also, it has lag.

It's better than Ninja Gaiden, imo.

Although maybe I shouldn't be judging it based on the demo...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Paperdiego said:
Kantor said:
Procrastinato said:

so true.

.. at least in my book.

way better than a 7.0

How is Heavenly Sword better than God of War in any way? You have 500 enemies surrounding you at any given time, strafing around like idiots, Nariko fights like she has a metal rod down her back, the story is pathetic, and the game is some six hours long. Also, it has lag.

It's better than Ninja Gaiden, imo.

Although maybe I shouldn't be judging it based on the demo...

like i said, i only played parts but the parts i did play i thought were better tha god of war.

i didnt own a ps3 at the time ( i just got mine november of last year) but if i had one i might have bought the game and beaten it.

right now my time is still occipied by call of duty 4 ( which i got free with my ps3 and i think its almost the best game of this gen. imo mario galaxy is better)

hello how are you.

remember... 9.1

ill guess 8.2 although i really hope it gets a 9.0+

either way its a day 1 purchase for me

I hope It's a AAA title. We have not seen one in awhile for the Wii, and HOTD: Overkill looks to be the highest rated Wii title so far this year at 82%.

It's just that simple.