By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Madworld review..

Kantor said:
outlawauron said:
Kantor said:
Paperdiego said:
Kantor said:
Procrastinato said:

My call: 8.0 -- too short, little replay value. Same thing they gave Heavenly Sword, and for the same reason.

8.0 tops, actually, since they tend to knock Wii games just for being SD.

IGN gave Heavenly Sword a 7.0, and not just because it was short.

Inevitably, everything in that genre gets compared to God of War...

so true.

i never beat HS but i played through parts with a buddy of mine and it seemed much better than God of war.

.. at least in my book.

way better than a 7.0

How is Heavenly Sword better than God of War in any way? You have 500 enemies surrounding you at any given time, strafing around like idiots, Nariko fights like she has a metal rod down her back, the story is pathetic, and the game is some six hours long. Also, it has lag.

It's better than Ninja Gaiden, imo.

Although maybe I shouldn't be judging it based on the demo...

There you go!

It was partly a poke at all of those annoying people who kept saying that KZ2 sucked, based on the demo.

But from what I saw, HS doesn't look as well-designed as God of War.

Eh, I thought the story was better in Heavenly and that HS was a little more fun, but GoW (the series in general) is a better overall game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

i think its awesome that this started out talking about a wii game but shifted over to a ps3 and ps2 game lol..

anyways when is that review coming out!! matt is already done with it
gah

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
i think its awesome that this started out talking about a wii game but shifted over to a ps3 and ps2 game lol..

anyways when is that review coming out!! matt is already done with it
gah

They never update on week-ends,expect the review Monday.

8.0 This is the exact score that IGN gives the Wii games that they like.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

8.1  I'm very skeptical of a 9.0+. Doubt it will be a GOTY contender. Could be wrong...

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Around the Network

Yeah its very late and theres no reviews on Metacritic. The game releases tommorow in the US, so what the hell is happening

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Paperdiego said:

It should be coming out pretty soon.

what do you think it will get?

For perspective, Resi 5 got a 9.0.

will MADWORLD do better? or worse?

discuss

*note* Review will be edited in as soon as it comes out

They have said its a top contender for GOTY. So yeah i expect a pretty high score. Probably around a 9.5. I listen to their podcats alot and they are really high on this game.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Damn, this thread got 2500 views cause of the decieving title.

The Madworld review at IGN still isn't up. Does anyone know if someone has exclusive rights to the games first review? OT HS has some things GOW doesn't. I think it is one of the few games that used six-axis motion control virtually flawlessly, and it is up there with Folklore and the glaive in Dark Sector when it comes to that.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

I'm going to bump this lame thread because misery loves company. I hope 2,000 more people are fooled

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8