By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the most Shocking Twist in an RPG for you? (spoilers obviously)

badgenome said:

In Mass Effect when you find out that Shepard is actually Revan!

OMG when/how does this happen?

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger...when Chrono died, and I find out you can finish the game without him...what? Of course I got him back..I couldn't believe what I had saw tho. You don't kill off the character that's been the main character for the entire game. The point in having a main character is to see them make it to the Journey's end, or at least die taking down the evil villain in the very end. I would say I was more disappointed than amazed, but it shocked me all the same.

Baten Kaitos: Mizuti is a girl

Diablo: After defeating Diable you take the Soulstone and put it on yourself and thus become Diablo.

Grandia II: Lord Granas(analogy of god) is actually dead

Grandia: Leene and Fina are sisters

The death of a certain character in Super Robot Wars OG2.  I didn't see it coming at all.

star ocean 3...when fayt and all his crew find out they are actually program that come to life...wtf???....that's like Master Chief finds out those aliens aren't really aliens but actually defensive program.....

Around the Network

Knights of the Old Republic. You are Darth Revan.

'Nuff said.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:

'Nuff said.

Censor that, my man, it's in the OP!

Ajax said:

Xenogears has got huge revelations in the plot.
Probably the greatest of the rpgs.
Naum named some. But there are more, like the church and the religion of the planet being fake, and you being the one that will kill 'god', and you being Lacan too etc etc.
Xenogears overrules.

Hell Yeah!!

Xenogears was the best.

I liked the one when you find out that

MAJOR SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER!!!!

Gears are made out of humans. Truly Xenogears is the greatest rpg of all time.

And for a more recent rpg that shocked the hell out of me was ToV when

MAJOR SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER!!!

Sodia stabs Yuri and that the Shrine of Zaude's ability was not that it could control the planets aer but was a worldwide barrier blastia.

I did not see those coming. I was shocked and pissed off at the same time.

Khuutra said:
thekitchensink said:

'Nuff said.

Censor that, my man, it's in the OP!

Done, but why are you only picking on me? 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."